Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying Xlights Faces - can't get Model Preview to show anything

jamills706

I am playing around with Xlights and their Faces option - want to create a singing animation. I have animated singing characters in Super Star - but have done each individual mouth shape individually through the whole song - tedious at best. Thought I might be able to somehow do it in Xlights with their Faces options and then get it back into LOR for my show.

I have all the face phoneme images and I have added their locations to the Matrix Model.

I have a Lyrics Timing line and have the first several words lined up with where they should "sing".

In the docs it says to right click and choose play on Model - which I see - and can choose.....

BUT - nothing shows up anywhere in the Model Preview Window.

Obviously I am missing some crucial setup step.

Can anyone who has familiarity with Xlights tell me where to look?

Its been a while since I looked at Xlights but I remember having to render the model after you make changes.  It could be different now, or it could be I don't remember correctly

I think I did that...clicked the render all icon in the tool bar....maybe there is a model render thingy, too????? Still see nothing (not connected to lights-is that an issue? Just want to see it in preview).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you want is the Papagayo tab in XLights. The Faces effect just shows a face on a tree or matrix, I think.

I was going to - but have been waiting and waiting for the Admin there to approve my membership so that I can post.

Thought maybe someone here might know the answer in the meantime....but thanks for that suggestion!

Which version of XLights are you using? In the layout tab when you highlight the face model you should see a list on the left of the screen. One of the items is Faces, click on this and fill in the channel details for your singing face. For animation you need to tell it which image is for what movement.

I am using version 2016.20.

My only model is called "Matrix" as it is a 24X50 CCR Matrix.

In the layout section for my matrix i clicked on Faces and did associate an image for each phoneme. (Had already done that, actually)

I have tried "Render" and "Save" then "Render" multiple times.

I do not have any network established as it is not connected to any lights at the moment. Is that an issue? Though where it asked which controller I started with I did answer "2" as my first CCR is Controller ID 2.

And I put a check in the "In My Display" box.

Hmmmmmm....not sure! I have a lyrics time track with the words broken down there.

Is there something else?

In the effects you should see a smiley face....this is the effect that makes them talk. When you drop it on the matrix you should see the effect settings change to all the options for faces.

Edited by worksopian

OK - yes - I have that but instead of my "Face" I see a completely light blue matrix with the center 3 columns pink instead of blue....not my face image.

5>>>trying to upload an image of the screen but it keep saying I can only loa 215kb but the image is 101kb!<<<<<

Edited by jamills706

When I get to my computer I can show that....I assume you want to see the place I put all of the file names for each phoneme.

I didn't pay attention to file size, what should it be?

It has to be less than the resolution of your matrix, so for  24 by 50 matrix the image needs to 23 by 49 max depending on orientation.