Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Projection

Terpsmurf

Trying to get info on adding a video projection to my lightshow. Does anyone have any advice on adding the video clips to be able to sync. What type of projector?

Do you have your projection set to come on with a timer separate from the show with say an SD media player? Or do you have it built in (not sure how) with the LOR software?

There are a couple of threads from a little while back.  Short answer is you open your video file and sequence just like an audio file (or overlay audio to a video file).  you turn on the projector when the show starts and off when the show is over.

Edited by jerrymac

I edit my sequence with an WAV file, and then swap it out at the end  with a MP4. There's no need for the video file until the sequence is totally finished. You'll want to control the bitrate and size of the video file, depending on the speed of your computer. I use an Optima 719 data projector that I bought 10 years ago, which is still working well. Choice of projector mainly depends on what you want to spend to get the best picture and brightness available. Here's a site that compares old and new projectors http://www.projectorcentral.com. I turn my on projector using an old Phillips Pronto touchscreen learning remote. It has a timer feature that switches the projector on a few minutes before the show. I hope this helps.

Are you mapping your whole house or just projecting onto a flat surface like a garage door, window or screen?

Hey daniel

like Jerry said. 

You know how you attach your music to your sequence? Do that just with the video file. 

• The topic was locked