Light-O-Rama Forums

Blank Timing Tracks

geogecko

Some how, I have managed to get tracks with various channels, that are completely blank of any timings at all, just one big long box, to the end of the song.

I don't see any way to add just fixed timing (such as 1/20th of a second) to the track. The only options are to use one of the wizards.

Is there any way around this, without redoing the entire track labeling and everything?

I can think of two options. You could insert multiple timings to the empty track. Just take the total time of the sequence and divide it by the desired timing length minus 1. For example if the sequence was 2:00 long and you wanted 10 second timing events you would divide 120 by 10 then subtract 1 which would be 11 events.
The other option is to copy the timing from a track that has the timing marks you want and then paste it to the blank track.

Mark

Third way:

Let's say you want 0.05 second timings through the whole track. Then:

• Insert a single timing at 0.05 seconds
  • Use "Copy Timings" on the one cell from 0 to 0.05 seconds
  • Use "Paste Timings Multiple", and select the "All the way to the end of the sequence" option.

Awesome. Thanks guys. Of all of the ways, I think I liked the 3rd way best. It requires less math, LOL.

Seems like they should add an option to the tools menu to create fixed timings on a track, which would make it a lot easier...

bob wrote:

Third way:

Let's say you want 0.05 second timings through the whole track. Then:

• Insert a single timing at 0.05 seconds
  • Use "Copy Timings" on the one cell from 0 to 0.05 seconds
  • Use "Paste Timings Multiple", and select the "All the way to the end of the sequence" option.

I missed that one - much easier.

Mark