Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to get CCBs

toddm1919

I am trying to plan for ahead for Christmas, and am in need of one set of CCBs for testing purposes.  Light-O-Rama and other vendors have been out for months.  Anyone have an extra set or know where/when they will be available again?

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Only LOR Sells 'COSMIC COLOR' devices, regardless of what other vendors say.

And their Partners, :) (But I'm out of stock, too.)

1 minute ago, Don said:

And their Partners, :) (But I'm out of stock, too.)

You are one of the family! :)

Sorry!  Don is of course 100% correct.  Our partners sell LOR Cosmic Color Devices as well.  

Holiday Coro is NOT an LOR Partner.

Also keep in mind that LOR's warranty lasts about 23 months longer than HC.  And with LOR you WON'T be buying cheap knock-offs.

You can also add C9-sized faceted diffuser covers to any standard 12mm bullet pixels and create your own "home-made CCBs".

Roger at pixelsequencing.com has them in stock.

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

Holiday Coro is NOT an LOR Partner.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that they were. Just trying to help.

Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Simmons said:

You can also add C9-sized faceted diffuser covers to any standard 12mm bullet pixels and create your own "home-made CCBs".

Roger at pixelsequencing.com has them in stock.

Thanks George.  Those intrigue me.  Do you use these?  If so, how similar are they to the real CCB? Do they just slip over the CCP?

9 minutes ago, toddm1919 said:

Thanks George.  Those intrigue me.  Do you use these?  If so, how similar are they to the real CCB? Do they just slip over the CCP?

I got some a few weeks ago.  Other than trying them out, I haven't actually used them in battle conditions.  But the way they look is vitrually indistinguishable from the look of CCBs.  Yes, they just slip over the bullet pixel.  In my case, they were loose enough that I applied a splotch of clear silicone to keep them in place.  Not sure if I actually needed to do that but I tend to over-engineer things.

Depending on how you'll be using them, there's one more thing to consider.  CCBs have a flat base, whereas these diffusers fit over bullet pixels which do not ordinarily have flat bases.  The diffusers, however, have the virtue of being available now.

The pixel base may actually work better than the flat base.  Thanks again for the suggestion.  I will give them a shot.

• The topic was locked