Light-O-Rama Forums

External Audio

scodavis

Target and wally world has small radio boom boxes starting at around 20 bucks each.... maybe hide them in a black bag and set them out or in a tree etc.

Maybe for power to them so you do not have to go outside and shut them off you can run a ext cord with a timer or use a unused channel to turn them on at the start of your show and have them on for the full show and then turn off.

Edited by Old Sarge

Garage sales have boomboxes starting at around a dollar each. 

Look for older models that have mechanical rather than digital controls, and then you can use a timer.  I'm of the opinion that it's a dreadful waste of a perfectly good channel to use it for a radio (or a tune-to sign).  Keep those things out of your sequences and your life is simpler and easier.

5 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

Target and wally world has small radio boom boxes starting at around 20 bucks each.... maybe hide them in a black bag and set them out or in a tree etc.

Maybe for power to them so you do not have to go outside and shut them off you can run a ext cord with a timer or use a unused channel to turn them on at the start of your show and have them on for the full show and then turn off.

The down side with new boomboxes is that they have a power save mode. And why do they seem hard to find with removable speakers?

I bought a simple one for $100 that has removable speakers but i have to wake it up every day. And you can't disable it either. :(

So i check Goodwill and things of that nature in hopes of finding an old 90's style that is not digital in any way.

I was referring to small boom boxes with built in radios so they can get the sig from the transmitter. All they need is a power cord with a timer on it and they will stay set to the freq. they are set for just turn the power on or off..  I just got s couple at target I think...

They both stay on until I turn them off... They do not go off automatically unless you have one that you havent told not to turn off after a certain amount of time...  Mine stays on until I turn it off or turn the power off to it.

all you need to do it pliug it into a plug in type timer and set it for the show time and it comes on and stays on until the timer says turn off... Just use the same timer you would on a lamp if you are going out of town etc.

there is a lot of different ways of doing things with out spending hundreds of dollars to do it.. Just think about it a little... you dont have to have real expensive out door speakers etc... If you are running a transmitter so people in cars can hear it... why not just add a couple small radios outside for the same channel..... Thats what I was saying... Its not like you are playing music for a club or big party.... just something so people walking or standing out can hear it without bothering the neighbors..

Edited by Old Sarge