Light-O-Rama Forums

When is the sale?

jstorms

And in case anyone missed it, the sale haws been announced as Friday evening at 9:00 PM Eastern time.

3 hours ago, LightORamaDan said:

Dan who? ;)  That must be a different Dan...  I don't do much on Facebook (except a little family stuff). 

You can't get much better than that.   A solid announcement, advance notice on the items for sale with prices, and multiple ways to get on their email distribution list.  

Originally, this sale was reportedly created to liquidate winter inventories and closeout discontinued items so past sale selections have been reflective of on-hand inventories.

Just remember, some folks in the past have had trouble because they loaded up their cart too early (Sooners) and then wondered why they didn't get sale prices.   You have to be fair and wait until sale time (Hint: keep hitting refresh and have your credit card already handy).  Once the prices change you have to move fast.  Prioritize your wish list items, and if you think you're most wanted item is popular - check out. Unless this year is different, only the folks across the finish line actually get their selections.  Its not LOR's fault, the ecommerce software doesn't have the fidelity to handle folks that may select a million of an item, lock these out from others, then hold onto it for days in their cart and may not complete the sale ever.  It's possible that you could have the stuff in your basket, and not be able to complete your order if you're too slow.   Suggestion: Pick an item or two of what you really want and checkout.  Besides, sharing lets others have some fun too.   

Based on past sales, I predict that the RGB items will go first, followed perhaps by the new 4ch EL controller (Which I Love by the way), then the 16 channel residential AC kits.  If memory serves me right, there were at least a few 16ch kits available hours into the sale last year, but then again, results are inventory driven.

Good luck everybody.    I hope you all get what you need for your displays.     If not, there's always the upcoming Summer Sale which doesn't involve a mad grab  - After all, some of us have been training hard this year!

I think alot of us get what's on our wish list...well maybe except for MegaArch..but he cant change those fat man fingers he has.....hehehe

• Like 1

How exciting!  Finally I will hopefully get some controllers for my master take-over-the-street-and-brighten-up-the-block plan!

Good luck to everyone!

The sale is on a Friday night while on vacation.  The wife is going to love that.  I'm going to have to find a way to sneak away to do some shopping...

I will be in the middle of my commute home. I'll have to make sure I get a table seat on the train so I can set up the laptop...

The good news is that I woke up this morning to find not one, but two direct deposit notices from my bank - both my state and federal tax refunds deposited overnight. I get to go shopping!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

... both my state and federal tax refunds deposited overnight. I get to go shopping!

If you ever needed a sign that you were destined to buy more LOR hardware, this it it!  :D

-Scott

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:55 AM, LightORamaDan said:

The  8 pack RGB floods will be in the sale and they will be less expensive than last years mad grab. We will have most of the items and prices listed tonight and some special additions tomorrow.

hmmmmmmmm  Special additions?   Are additional items being added?    I am not in the market, but no CCRs this year so far.  I thought there were complaints how quickly they sold last year.

I got a call today from the LOR Mad Grab International Oversight Committee.  They saw my performance last night at the sale and want to test me for performance enhancing steroids.  If I don't pass, will I have to give my stuff back?

13 minutes ago, Bizywk said:

I got a call today from the LOR Mad Grab International Oversight Committee.  They saw my performance last night at the sale and want to test me for performance enhancing steroids.  If I don't pass, will I have to give my stuff back?

Of course not.  They're not that cruel.  They'll just make you pay for everyone else's order.

Woo hoo!

:lol:

• The topic was locked