Light-O-Rama Forums

Electrical Supply

morningsidemustangs

Can I run a 10/4 30A 240 cable out to my controler then use each side of the 240 to power 20A of 120? Will I run into trouble becasue the 120 will be sharing a neutral this way?

Guest wbottomley

morningsidemustangs wrote:

Can I run a 10/4 30A 240 cable out to my controler then use each side of the 240 to power 20A of 120? Will I run into trouble becasue the 120 will be sharing a neutral this way?

As long as those circuit's are on opposite phases the neutral will be fine.

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Edit: Bill, yer just to dang quick on the draw! Remind me never to get into a duel with you OK? :cool:

Must be my lucky day. Now I'm off to buy a lottery ticket!:P

I did the same thing this year... I had a 30A rv recept put out back last summer. I needed more power so I though a bit and that is exactly what I came up with. I took the male end of the RV plug and ran 50 feet of 10/3 to a breakout box with two 110 outlets on. It worked great, as a matter of fact I am going to put two more ourtdoor boxes in this year to do the same.

greg

One more with both 110v and 220v Rec. This box is powered by a 10/4 SO cord. It Also has a 30amp 4 wire twist lock cord cap. These boxes make it alot easier to supply power for my different activities thru the seasons.

Attached files 149474=8741-DCP_6791.JPG