Light-O-Rama Forums

Flying my P3P the other day, (Not Xmas Related)

plasmadrive

The fog in the distance looks like water in a bay.. it is not.. I shot a few days ago about 6am or so. Launched outside my house and was surprised at the beauty I saw. I hope you like it.. take a breath and relax... bigger screen is good, nice audio is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKb8ICz8sVA&feature

Our City has shared it on their site as well.  https://www.facebook.com/ElkGroveCity/

Sorry I forgot to post here..

More practice for shooting lights when the time comes again..

Craig

Thanks,

Yes, it has a 4k camera but shooting in 4k I have found to be a bit pointless for me. 

The editing of 4k video is more than my engineering computer can take with any great speed.  It maxes out all 4 cores and shows the speed of my hard drive to be not so good.  Also 16g of RAM isn't enough.  So that means a better computer.... for now that ain't happening. 

Secondly, not too many people can actually play back 4k video. 

Also, Youtube and Vimeo won't display it as intended.  Vimeo is the worst unless you have a paying account.  It won't even show 2k. 

5 hours ago, plasmadrive said:

Also, Youtube and Vimeo won't display it as intended.  Vimeo is the worst unless you have a paying account.  It won't even show 2k. 

YouTube plays 4K fine.

My PC has 16 GB of RAM and renders and edits 4K smoothly. What video editor are you using?

32 minutes ago, EmmienLightFan said:

YouTube plays 4K fine.

My PC has 16 GB of RAM and renders and edits 4K smoothly. What video editor are you using?

You are in the Uk, I've noticed reading various forums. There is a big difference between 'YouTube' in the UK and North America. There's also a difference between America and Canada. You can do this here but not there ect ect.

Edited by robongar

7 minutes ago, robongar said:

You are in the Uk, I've noticed reading various forums. There is a big difference between 'YouTube' in the UK and North America. There's also a difference between America and Canada. You can do this here but not there ect ect.

YouTube should play 4K video in the US.

I know it can.

37 minutes ago, EmmienLightFan said:

YouTube plays 4K fine.

I am using Power Director 12.  I have a quad core Q9550 2.83GHz processor.. 16g of RAM and it shows the cores are 100% for quite some time while processing.. What are you using for editing? 

Youtube may play it but I don't think anyone is actually seeing it in 4k are they? 

Just now, plasmadrive said:

I am using Power Director 12.  I have a quad core Q9550 2.83GHz processor.. 16g of RAM and it shows the cores are 100% for quite some time while processing.. What are you using for editing? 

Youtube may play it but I don't think anyone is actually seeing it in 4k are they? 

YouTube has the option for 4K.

My screen is a little over 2K, I think.

Here is a video shot on the same drone as you have, in 4K

If you click on the little gear symbol, you get options for different resolutions, 4K is one of them.

I have 16 GB of RAM, 3.6GHZ quadcore CPU, and ordinary hard drives. My PC can edit multicam 4K video (I have only tried 2 cameras though. At 1080p it will only do about 6 before it gets slow). 

I use Adobe Premier Pro CS6.

You're right.. I see the 4k option..  too jerky at my end.. most likely bandwidth issues.. also, I am not sure my resolution on my monitors will really see the 4k.. .. will they?

1 hour ago, plasmadrive said:

You're right.. I see the 4k option..  too jerky at my end.. most likely bandwidth issues.. also, I am not sure my resolution on my monitors will really see the 4k.. .. will they?

I would think both the monitor and the video card need to have 4k resolution capability.  The only way I can watch 4k videos on Youtube is with my 4k TV hooked up to the internet and using the installed Youtube app. on the TV.  Like yourself upgrading the computer to 4k isn't happening anytime soon.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

• The topic was locked