Light-O-Rama Forums

Ray Wu WS2812B Strip

EmmienLightFan

I was going to build my matrix out of strip, but after seeing how many failures occur, and how hard it is to splice out and replace, I have worked out that I can do a P10 panel matrix that is 3/4 of the size for the same price, and a much higher resolution. 
But I can't decide between strips or P10s.
Has anyone had any bad pixels on strips from Ray? I saw someone with a several lines on their matrix glitching, and about 10 bad pixels.

17 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Can you program the p10 panels with lor .

Yes.

They can be programmed just like any matrix, then you can run them from LOR with a BBB running FPP or RonP controller in E1.31 bridge mode, or run from just FPP.

I will use Falcon Pi Player.

I will use a Pi as the master and the BBB controlling the matrix, if I choose the P10 route, which looks best right now.

These P10 panels are channel hogs. Each panel consumes 3 DMX universes.

I haven't been able to get my matrices into LOR yet , but they are quite large. 

On 2/23/2016 at 5:38 PM, EmmienLightFan said:

I was going to build my matrix out of strip, but after seeing how many failures occur, and how hard it is to splice out and replace, I have worked out that I can do a P10 panel matrix that is 3/4 of the size for the same price, and a much higher resolution. 
But I can't decide between strips or P10s.
Has anyone had any bad pixels on strips from Ray? I saw someone with a several lines on their matrix glitching, and about 10 bad pixels.

My suggestion if you use pixel strips is to seal the heck out of them. China's idea of water proof is our idea of water resistant. I have some (not)water proof pixel strips go bad due to heavy rains. Some moisture got in. After I resealed everything I had only one more problem when the lower third of one of my 5m strip failed, Buy some spares

I use w2811 INK1003 strips.

• The topic was locked