Light-O-Rama Forums

Non Compete postings

jerrymac

Although not a new policy, this board now has 

Warning: Posts that promote the services or new products of a vendor other than LOR are not permitted. Those vendors need to be on the Approved Vendor List and promote their own services. Any post violating this rule will be removed, and the members posting privileges possibly removed.

posted everywhere.

Just a couple of questions to keep out of trouble:   If someone ask's about a product and the response or question indicates also available from "Tommy's blinky" or Love this product but I got mine from "Flash ON and Off", or even I use These that I got from "We sell stuff". Or even saw this great product on "Bright as the sky LED's"   not only will the post be deleted but I could be booted from this forum as well as anyone commenting on it?

I understand who pays for this board and it is really a help tool for LOR product sales not a free discussion of the art we are involved in, but in my humble opinion this is a bit close to the line.

Of course it is your board and you certainly may run it any way you wish, but wanted to be sure I am not on the wrong side of the line.

They've always been there, maybe just a bit more visible in the new forums.

If something hasn't been said to you by now, then you've been following the guidelines the entire time, and have nothing to worry about.

I like to think we are pretty good at determining who is here just to pimp product, and who is here who may have used a product/competitor or is making a 'non-promotional' recommendation.  We simply don't want the former. If you are a member in good standing but we think the you are getting too far away from the latter, we let you know (and it's all good).  

Contrary to popular belief, we don't like to shut down threads or boot people.  But we do need rules in place so that when people go out of bounds we can deal with them :)

I have never seen anyone say anything about say me telling a newbie that you can get lets say pixel mounting strips from such and such. I hve not seen anyone ge tinto trouble for saying, well if ya dont wanna use RGB strips then you can get pixels from this place or that place.

I think the admins do a great job at policing the differences between someone that's happy bout a product that they mention it here in the forums as opposed to as DevMike said " here just to pimp products ".   If not, we would have so much spam in these forums the members would have to spend more time deleting the spam crap than actually getting useful information.   Great Job Guys!!! ;)

• Like 2

• The topic was locked