Light-O-Rama Forums

vi not conecting

kingfish

when I try to play a sequence in vi nothing

I can pull up a file  click on animation screen it goes black. have buttons on bottom screen click play and nothing

in se editor what should the settings be in preferences do they vary

I have lor on two computors neither one works

could it be windows 10?

Edited by kingfish
added more info

Well the setting will be the same between computers.  First look at the obvious and check under PLAY that CONTROL VISUALIZER is checked.

Next question: Is the LOR control panel ON or OFF?  It will run both ways but if you started the SE first then started the Control panel it probably won't run.  Just shut down the SE and restart it and that will fix that if that is the case.

One more thing to Try.  In Visualizer Click on File and Options and Restore Defaults.  I had this happen to me once.  My AC LOR channels played in visualizer but my E1.31 channels did not work until I restored defaults. No changes took place in my options but the visualizer worked after that.

Also remember you are running MICROSOFT so a reboot is always a possibility.   and Yes it works on Windows 10

Edited by Grinch
  • Like 1

Okey I built a brand new VI file and new sequence. At first the only way it worked is if I pushed play in SE and pull up VI it works fine but the buttons in VI do not work[start stop]. Went to options and reset to factory settings.  Rebot computer opened it all back up . Now the [start stop] work in the VI but I get no lights. What should I try now?

Edited by kingfish

In the SE under play the control VI is not clicked nor will it let me check it

Okey got control VI checked but the buttons on theVI screen do not work back to start in SE

Edited by kingfish

Is the LOR Control Panel running?  Is there a light bulb in the system try?  If it is there RIGHT click on it then click on "UNLOAD Light O Rama" (You might have this enabled and it starts automatically with Windows)  Also If you had a schedule enabled it may prevent the VI control.

Once the Light bulb is gone  Then restart  SE and try again. 

Okey I got it working on one computer which makes me happy.  What I did I do not know . will play with other to be updated.

I do have light bulb but it is red

Edited by kingfish

Now working on both computors:D. With couple reboots and a little this a little that and  mostly the suggestions of the Grinch [which I do appreciate and tried them all witch I do believe fixed it] I have both working. This started last November but I did not try anything till now for fear of screwing up shows.  Now back to work which I have a lot to do going from 64 channels to 144. Working on new channel lineups for both Halloween and Xmas Plus 4 new VI files [Halloween side, Halloween front, Xmas side, Xmas front]  once again thank you GRINCH