Light-O-Rama Forums

Free Classes on using Audacity

George Simmons

Sequence U is offering free classes on using Audacity.

Two days:  Tuesday, Feb 2 and Tuesday, Feb 9. 

7:30 PM CENTRAL.

Probably an hour, maybe a little longer.

This is not a comprehensive training on every single feature of Audacity.  Far from it.  I'm nowhere near that smart.  Nor would it be free.  This class is focused on the basic things that people in this hobby need:

Editing audio files,

Writing, creating and editing announcements,

Creating voiceovers.

I've been doing those things for my own display for the past eight years and I can show you how to do them too.

As of 11:59 PM Tuesday, there remains about half a dozen seats for 2/2 and 15 seats for 2/9.  First-come basis, always.

Message me through Sequence U to reserve.

Thanks.

George,

Have you considered creating video's of your training sessions, particularly the free ones to begin with? Could become a way of getting more paying customers down the road!!

Just a thought!

Steve

George,

Have you considered creating video's of your training sessions, particularly the free ones to begin with? Could become a way of getting more paying customers down the road!!

Just a thought!

Steve

Thanks for the suggestion Steve. 

LOR has plenty of videos posted, and John Storms also has some totally excellent videos online.  From where I sit, there's no real need for me to be re-inventing that same wheel.  I'd rather be sequencing.  Or in this case, working with people who sincerely want to improve their sequencing skills.

The difference I bring, beyond my sequencing creds and my charming effervescent personality, is the value of a live, interactive, hands-on learning experience.  I welcome and solicit questions to insure everyone has a grasp of the subject matter before moving on.  And I'll take whatever time is needed to make that so - either during the presentation, during the open Q&A session that always follows a class, or via a private consultation.  

Thanks again Steve - you gave me an excellent advertising opportunity that might help accomplish your down-the-road objective.

"charming, effervescent personality"

Bruhahaha oooohhh Wahahaha

(sounds I could finally make after the coffee quit flowing from my nose & eye sockets...)

However you describe your personality doesn't really matter though. I have attended many of George's classes & sequencing sessions in the past and he is correct - he will take whatever time is needed for participants to grasp his current thought. Well worth your time.

Last Call for Audacity training.

Seats are still available for the 2/2/2016 Audacity class.  The class is FREE.

The 2/9/2016 class has been cancelled.  Sharon has made plans for that evening and I've been informed we'll be elsewhere.  Oh well ...

Here's the meeting link:  http://go.teamviewer.com/v11/m08343656

The first 15 people there get in.  I usually open the doors at 7 PM CENTRAL, and the class begins at 7:30 PM CENTRAL.

8 hours ago, George Simmons said:

....Sharon has made plans for that evening and I've been informed we'll be elsewhere.  Oh well .....

Love is in the air. 

Thanks for the kind words guys.  Research has consistently shown that Sequence U graduates have an 83% better chance of creating watchable, enjoyable, non-seizure-inducing sequences.

Hence our motto:  "If they can make penicillin out of moldy cheese, we can make something out of you."

+3 - - yes, thanks George.

always learn something

Anyone reading this who wants to get better at this hobby -