Light-O-Rama Forums

Should I upgrade to version 4?

rick gurnee

I am currently running version 3.12.2 advanced and wonder if I should upgrade to 4?  I have a 12 ribbon cosmic tree that is on its own network that runs at 500k.  I use SuperStar to sequence it and have no problems with lags.

The rest of my yard consists of 13 controllers (I believe some are generation 1) that runs at 57.6k and I use the sequence editor to sequence them.

I've read a little about version 4 but I don't see where the new features would help me.  I would continue to use Superstar for my cosmic tree.  I am not currently using the visualizer and don't plan to in the future.

Are there any features in version 4 that would help me?

For as little as they charge for the update its a no brainer to me. I don't like to lag behind on updates myself, soon as windows 10 came out I installed it.

There  has to be some feature there you might like to try, for 1 I cant imagine not using the visualizer.

My advise go for it, it ran very smoothly here.

Just the updates in Superstar is worth the upgrade. You said you use SS for the pixel tree. Yes, by all means, go S4.

Concur with the rest - worth the renewal or upgrade fee. If I were you, I would upgrade to Pro because that way you can use intensity files down the road - and the upgrade from advanced to Pro is not that much more than a renewal.

And for God's sake, learn Visualizer

I updated.. I have a SS lic but don't use it.. The PE is not worth it to me personally either.. I do like to stay on top of updates.. so I paid the $50.. but honestly, I thought is was a waste of money.. for me personally..

I just upgraded this past weekend and so far am loving the new pixel editor. I don't use it for my tree, but for the pixels on my house, yard outline and 6ft pixels trees it's been working great