Light-O-Rama Forums

Program Lights in 5 Minutes?

EmmienLightFan

This guy claims that he can create sequences that are 95% better than the ones on YouTube with some amazing new software, and it all takes less than 5 minutes?

This sounds like an amazing new product that will make RGB pixels easier (Well, no effort at all).

I think he programs the lights, in any software, but he can easily adapt the sequences to different houses because the software scales the effects and maps it again to different sequences.

I do really like the magnetic strips idea.

I think that magnets will need to be attached to the strip, but it would be really easy to install.

Kind of like buying a paint by number set already painted and calling yourself an artist. I doubt his sequence will look anything like what I envision for the same song.

Heck, he sequenced " What did the fox say" ! Ugh!

I'm looking for better tools to help me realize my vision, not a prepackaged show.

The question is, how do you attach the magnets to the house. That's still the hardest thing to do without drilling holes etc.

If its using some kind of adhesive to the house, then why not use 3M Command strips or similar in the first place. 

The question is, how do you attach the magnets to the house. That's still the hardest thing to do without drilling holes etc.

If its using some kind of adhesive to the house, then why not use 3M Command strips or similar in the first place. I 

I have edited this because I was completely wrong on this sorry.  :unsure:

Edited by canadianchristmas

One concern I have about doing a diy version of this is waterproofing the magnets, because if magnets get wet they lose there magnetism.

Umm, got a reference to back that statement up?  I've never seen a magnet that didn't work under water - including ones that are being used underwater 24 x 7 x 365 for years.

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 2

I just bought a bunch of aluminum magnets, are you saying they won't work?

About as well as the ones made from brick.

Umm, got a reference to back that statement up?  I've never seen a magnet that didn't work under water - including ones that are being used underwater 24 x 7 x 365 for years.

Oops sorry, I should have done more looking into this, I remember I had a science teacher years ago that would alwese talk about how magnets would fail underwater unless they were waterproofed, and I guess for all this time I have just believed that.  :unsure: You learn something new every day I guess....

Do not use aluminum magnets with orange extension cords!

Unless you have a glass of vodka in the other hand Edited by Archer

I couldn't even continue with this video, it actually BORED me!   So after about 4 minutes of the droning, I had to call it quits, tried fast forwarding to other sections, but gave up on that.   Takes over 22 minutes to EXPLAIN how to do something with "NO PROGRAMMING" in less than 5 minutes?     And I thought I WAS BAD with my long replies at times, this one has me beat! :P:lol:

And then showing Daryl's house as a reference to not being as good as it could have been, are you serious?   Got to be kidding right?    

So this guy says he's "famous", yea right, sorry, but Daryl {sorry if I'm not spelling the name correctly} DID BECOME WORLD WIDE FAMOUS with his Party Rock Sequence when a car company {forget which one} did a car commercial using HIS sequence of the song Party Rock Anthem and even had the LMFAO group involved.    Sorry to tell this guy this, but that made Daryl a hell of a lot more famous than he will ever be!   And then the HOA shut his show down because of all the traffic and spectators it started drawing in.   Now THAT's FAMOUS!   

Just being on a local newscast or in a local newspaper, famous DOES NOT make, interest yes, make you known in the community, yes, famous, nope, not a chance!

Sorry, but I have to defend one of the best sequencers around here, not to mention others that do it, like George Simmons and there are others here as well, they may not have gotten as famous as Daryl did, but they do work that's on par or just as equal in quality as Daryl.

I won't even bother to watch any more of this video, too me, it was dry and it was extremely boring, just could not get into it.    Perhaps if he'd have shown more sequencing capabilities and what the software looks like and how it worked, perhaps that would have held my interest enough to keep watching, as it is, no thanks.

I'm not into RGB stuff yet, perhaps one day, but when I do, it'll still be using LOR Hardware and Software, it's what I know, it's what I trust and I know it'll get the job done no matter how bad or good one sequences.

Edited by Orville

Nothing like commercializing something that is supposed to be original and different. These "kits" would make a light show on any Joe Shmo's house.

I do this because it's my way of showing self- expression.

As for magnets, great concept...but IMO, installing washers permanently on a house will rust and leave streaks eventually...I bet he hasn't encountered the Nor-East winds we have here either. Might want to plan a magnet every foot.  ;)

Wait a second... if he has been lurking and reading all the forums then he is here reading us right now... :blink:

Who;s lurking? Me? Last time I heard the word lurking on here was something to do with orville... I can't quite remember the post it was in though, it had something to do with lurk mode??? Maybe someone can chime in about that?

I couldn't even continue with this video, it actually BORED me!   So after about 4 minutes of the droning, I had to call it quits, tried fast forwarding to other sections, but gave up on that.   Takes over 22 minutes to EXPLAIN how to do something with "NO PROGRAMMING" in less than 5 minutes?     And I thought I WAS BAD with my long replies at times, this one has me beat! :P:lol:

And then showing Daryl's house as a reference to not being as good as it could have been, are you serious?   Got to be kidding right?    

So this guy says he's "famous", yea right, sorry, but Daryl {sorry if I'm not spelling the name correctly} DID BECOME WORLD WIDE FAMOUS with his Party Rock Sequence when a car company {forget which one} did a car commercial using HIS sequence of the song Party Rock Anthem and even had the LMFAO group involved.    Sorry to tell this guy this, but that made Daryl a hell of a lot more famous than he will ever be!   And then the HOA shut his show down because of all the traffic and spectators it started drawing in.   Now THAT's FAMOUS!   

Just being on a local newscast or in a local newspaper, famous DOES NOT make, interest yes, make you known in the community, yes, famous, nope, not a chance!

Sorry, but I have to defend one of the best sequencers around here, not to mention others that do it, like George Simmons and there are others here as well, they may not have gotten as famous as Daryl did, but they do work that's on par or just as equal in quality as Daryl.

I won't even bother to watch any more of this video, too me, it was dry and it was extremely boring, just could not get into it.    Perhaps if he'd have shown more sequencing capabilities and what the software looks like and how it worked, perhaps that would have held my interest enough to keep watching, as it is, no thanks.

I'm not into RGB stuff yet, perhaps one day, but when I do, it'll still be using LOR Hardware and Software, it's what I know, it's what I trust and I know it'll get the job done no matter how bad or good one sequences.

As for the LMFAO light show guy his name is not Daryl its Kevin Judd. And one of the reasons his show was more basic at that time was because he was using a lot of dumb rgb, and keep in mind it was 2011 that was some pretty awesome stuff for the time. So I don't think his 2011 show can be compared to all the RGB monstrosities we have now.

Who;s lurking? Me? Last time I heard the word lurking on here was something to do with orville... I can't quite remember the post it was in though, it had something to do with lurk mode??? Maybe someone can chime in about that?

In the video, the guy says he reads all the forums to get ideas and to learn from us "pros". 

In the video, the guy says he reads all the forums to get ideas and to learn from us "pros". 

Oh LOL,  :D Yes... Im a PRO with lighting.... yes... of course.....

I think he could get lots of ideas from me for what not to do  :P

Heck, he sequenced " What did the fox say" ! Ugh!

Bob, thank you for posting the song he used. Now I "know" I won't look at the video. I read all the post before checking out the video. :)

The point being... He got you to watch his video.

I wish I could easily get folks to watch my videos.

I am around 170 videos on Youtube. For me that translates into 100.00 per month.

My content is DIY for anything I am doing at the time with a camera near.

I have heard of a guy doing RV DIY and that is his income.

If only I could get to that point or just have one video go viral.

I will keep posting videos.

Shameless plug: RideWNC - please subscribe.

The point being... He got you to watch his video.

I wish I could easily get folks to watch my videos.

I am around 170 videos on Youtube. For me that translates into 100.00 per month.

My content is DIY for anything I am doing at the time with a camera near.

I have heard of a guy doing RV DIY and that is his income.

If only I could get to that point or just have one video go viral.

I will keep posting videos.

Shameless plug: RideWNC - please subscribe.

I don't want to go off topic, but I have a few tips.

Do better video thumbnails. All I see is this:

F069wjT.png

Include your logo, but it doesn't need to fill the screen. You need to show what the video is all about in one tiny picture, which is quite card.

If there is an important part of your video, or you are making something, a photo of the finished piece (Such as your LED tomato cages finished and looking really nice) and overlay your logo on for branding.

Get a better microphone, it is quite hard to understand.

And use any font other than Comic Sans.