Light-O-Rama Forums

The Last Show

Bill P

The last show of the season just ended so now the depression sets in for a month or so until Halloween programming starts. 

Does this happen to others as well?

I'm running mine until 23:00hrs, then I'm shutting down. I was going to run until the 12th night, with most going back to work I can't see much point.

There talking about -15C and snow tonight, it should warm back up on Wednesday. Strip down then start building more props. No depression here.

Just over 3 1/2 hours to go.  Take it down Monday unless it's raining (which is in the forecast).

Oh, and yes I feel a little depressed with it coming down.

Edited by k6ccc

Definitely depressing!!  I've been crying off and on all night!!  I won't actually start tearing down for a few days, because I've got a couple of people that didn't get to see it, so I'll run it when they can finally make it over, plus I'm not sure I want to deal with the weather for a few days.  Then the fun of deconstruction starts.

This was my first year.  It was to be mostly my husbands creation (brains, anyway), I was manual labor.  Until he passed away in March 2015.  We had enough stuff constructed, that I felt I had to proceed - even if only a more elaborate static light display.  I attended PNW CLAP, and with the assurance that area lighters were willing to help, I purchased the additional necessary controllers, and continued working on lights ALL summer!!  Sure enough, Matt (rainyoregonchristmas) & his son, Brandon (bwhitehead), zooo & his wife, and Darin Miller, all showed up and got this LOR clueless gal running!!  Matt & Brandon especially stepped up, and did the animation for me!!!  I will be FOREVER indebted to all of them, because they are the reason that my husband's vision came to life!!!  Thanks for all your help and support!!!

Edited by Phantomtech
  • Like 2

Normally tear down the first weekend after new years.   For some reason I decided to leave them up until the next weekend.  It is so dark and dreary with no lights on the house and my wife agrees.  I hope now the weather holds so I dont have ice.     I will definitely remove all the yard props but may leave the house lights static for all of January. 

Shut is all down. Last night was the 31st. I am not depressed, well maybe a little. I am actively planning next years show and layout. Went to wally world and bought some stuff at 75% off. Today starts the teardown. What is sad. I did a very simple 16 channel show and there was no comparison to the other two sequenced shows in town. One had elevator music and the other went to one color "white". I need a better deployment plan for next year. Does anyone have written game plan? Thanks HVACR.

Bittersweet.

Bitter because I have to take the display down and store it

Sweet because I get to take the display down and store it.

• Like 1

I feel I took mine down too early. All controllers are inside and in crates now, but the lights are still up.

I do feel a little sad about it.

I wish that next Christmas would come sooner, then again I wish that it would be further away so I can spend more time working on the lights.

Normally for me its depressing but for some reason this year was a relief when they shut down on New Years Eve. I have almost every thing down, just have the roof lights left, then its time to start other projects.

Last show was last night. Taking everything down today. Everything is down except the pixel tree and it comes down as soon as younger son gets up. Most is put away, except for pixels from eves which will get a little modification before I put them away. I'm happy to note that there was nothing that needed repair before storing!

I am ready for a break by this point. It got cold here, so half my display is still set up and waiting for a warmer break. Will start on next season in a few weeks, the only thought I wanna put into this is where, and how, to store everything.

• Like 2

My show is still running as I didn't get around to turning off the electric today.  I guess maybe I didn't want to see a dark field out there.  It will probably stay on until this weekend. 

• Like 1

I was going to shut it down but all the neighbors still have their lights no.  I didn't turn my on until Dec. 10 though.

I have a controller that needs to get sent in for repair though :(

• Like 1