Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding projection to shows

rapperray

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I presently have a 32 channel LOR system and will be adding 48 more channels to my system this year. I am considering adding outdoor projection to my shows. I do not have any windows on the visible side of my home so the projector would need to be outside to project onto the side of my garage. My question is, what type or types of projectors can I use for this? I have an indoor projector and have heard there are weatherproof containers which can be purchased. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

I'm in the same situation pretty much, the one window I do have that faces the street is pretty small and just wouldn't work.   However, since my front yard is only about 4-5' wide, I don't even think I have room for a projector to shine on a prop of the wall of the manufactured home I currently live in.  

Would have loved to add a virtual Santa or Halloween things using a projector, but think I may be just wasting my money in my current setting.  

But I'd still like to know more about how to weatherproof a projector or where one can buy one that is, just in case I ever can use one in the future.

I used a projector but added a screen outside (6x9) to show video's. I want to get involved in whole house projection next but this works fine for now. If you have any questions about it let me know.

Edited by ezimnow

I used a projector but added a screen outside (6x9) to show video's. I want to get involved in whole house projection next but this works fine for now. If you have any questions about it let me know.

ezimnow.... The first question I have is what type of projector to use. I have an indoor projector, no dvd player on it. Can that be used somehow? Do I need a special type of projector? How do I incorporate a projector into the sequences?

Thank you

rapperray

I used a galaxy 2100 Lumens Projector and ripped my vidoe's off YT. I then used the audio portion to sequence the song and used the Video Preference in LOR to fire up the Video when the Sequence played. When there was no Video playing I just had my monitor on Duplicate and had a Christmas Sequence running in the background.

Edited by ezimnow

I used a galaxy 2100 Lumens Projector and ripped my vidoe's off YT. I then used the audio portion to sequence the song and used the Video Preference in LOR to fire up the Video when the Sequence played. When there was no Video playing I just had my monitor on Duplicate and had a Christmas Sequence running in the background.

So you had it outdoors? If so how did you weatherproof it?

Thanks. You are being very helpful.....

There is no such thing as an outdoor projector (There is but they will be very expensive). You will need an enclosure that has adequate cooling, possibly heating, power and is secure (Unless you want to bring your projector in every night)

You can use your current projector, if it is bright enough for your purpose. You could take it outside and test on a dry night.

There is no such thing as an outdoor projector (There is but they will be very expensive). You will need an enclosure that has adequate cooling, possibly heating, power and is secure (Unless you want to bring your projector in every night)

You can use your current projector, if it is bright enough for your purpose. You could take it outside and test on a dry night.

Do you have any recommendations for an enclosure? I was considering building one but the heating aspect of that has me concerned. Putting in a fan for cooling would be simple enough but a heater would be tricky.