Light-O-Rama Forums

Day in the Dark

HVACR

Well I guess I got my wish. We just went through a 28 hour power outage. My generator fired up on cue. Ran all three houses with christmas lights. The whole town is dark and my lights dancing up a storm. I got lots of funny looks. "priceless". One of my friends drove by my house early in the morning. I asked him what it looked like he said "The north Pole". Now I get to wait to see what my gas bill is. I am planning for next years show. Thanks.... 

• Like 1

Well I guess I got my wish. We just went through a 28 hour power outage. My generator fired up on cue. Ran all three houses with christmas lights. The whole town is dark and my lights dancing up a storm. I got lots of funny looks. "priceless". One of my friends drove by my house early in the morning. I asked him what it looked like he said "The north Pole". Now I get to wait to see what my gas bill is. I am planning for next years show. Thanks....

I see your in Oklahoma as well. What part of Oklahoma?

We lost power for 9 hours but got it back before it got dark. A small housing addition next to us didn't have power (they have OG&E), very dark. I ran my light show as usual and I'm sure the dark neighbors were wondering how I had a light show going when they didn't have power at all.

Just curious, what generator do you have?

Tom

I have a 30KW Generac. Power by Natural Gas. Uses about 300 cubic feet per hour of fuel. My tenants had more company those 24 hours that I have ever seen them have in the past. I live in Weatherford OKlahoma. Town is around 12,000 or so plus SWOSU student base.

Oh. I have never heard of someone having a generator in their home.

Also I just realised my above post was my 1000th.

Yep, In Oklahoma especially, it's good to have a generator to provide backup power of some sort. With the ice storms, thunderstorms and tornadoes, having one will make life much easier.

There are not made for "in" the house but outside and supplying power to the house, or components in the house.

Here is a link of a 30KW one.

http://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/business-standby-generators/commercial-series/30kw

And congrats on your 1000th post. :)

Tom