Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel spacing 6" or 3"

indi

Going to build a matrix for next year and was wanting advise on which spacing would be better. I plan on using 2" centers, but down the road, I might do away with the matrix and use the pixels for something else.

What I meant was, the pixel string spacing, 6" or 3". I will use 2" spacing on the matrix. But, which would be best to buy in case I decide not to do a matrix, or create a different prop in the future.

Thanks

What I meant was, the pixel string spacing, 6" or 3". I will use 2" spacing on the matrix. But, which would be best to buy in case I decide not to do a matrix, or create a different prop in the future.

Thanks

Are you talking about the spacing between pixel nodes on the string? If so, only spacing i have seen is 3 inch on 2811 and 4 inch on Dumb nodes. I would just get the 3 inch.

Holodaycoro are showing both 6" and 3" pixel spacing. I know that LOR ccp's are 6". Thanks

Oh ok, yeah, I use 3" ones. That way if you chose to make say a mega tree later on down the line, you dont have all the extra wire. But, it is a personal choice.

Also remeber thst alot of times if the poxel spacing is 3" on the strand U may not be able to get 3" spacing. Due to the varying of the spacing. It's not always exactly 3" and U need a little slack

I have 6 strings of CCPs used for arches.  I'm using a 2 inch spacing in each arch.  As noted in an earlier post, the CCPs have 6 inch spacing.  That's one nice thing about pixels vs strip - you can space them pretty much anyway you want.  Easy to have extra wire.

http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

My pixel tree has 2.5 inch spacing between the pixels - using Ray Wu square node pixels.

http://newburghlights.org/pixel_tree.html

If you're asking about the spacing on the wire, I would think 3 inch would be quite limiting unless you absolutely KNOW you will never want any more.  Since you may use them for something else, you don't KNOW what they will be used for.

indi

I would go for the 6" spacing especially if you may be re-purposing them later. I have the 6" nodes from HC and the are more like 7" with ones I got.

indi

I would go for the 6" spacing especially if you may be re-purposing them later. I have the 6" nodes from HC and the are more like 7" with ones I got.

I'm with Saxon.  I would go with the 6" spacing as not all pixels are exact spacing. 

Jim

do you use the individual 12mm rgb bulbs for any of your landscape lighting, ie; eaves, porches, etc? 

I could just point you to my website that has all the data, but the answer is no.  All the landscape lighting that is RGB (and that's most of it) is strips - either dumb or WS2811.  I will be adding three 10W RGB floods when I have time too.  Details are on the webpage below...

http://newburghlights.org/Landscaping.html

Indi   My matrix boards have 2 inch spacing and I like them.   The CCP bullet style pixels have 6 inch spacing and It is a little long and messy back there.  

I would prefer a shorter distance between for this matrix. 

CCPloops.jpg

CCPcontrollers.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Thanks everyone, I think I will be using 6" spaced pixels on a 2" on center matrix. That way if later I decide to change to a different prop, it will be more versatile.