Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble moving sequences

drivemewilder

I have a new (to me) laptop that i want to use for my show going forward.  My current laptop is old and sounds aweful, and the fan doesn't work. I don't trust it going forward.  So i saved my sequences, moved them to the new laptop, downloaded the exact version of LOR, registered, but i'm unable to open the sequences in the SE.  I'm using 3.11.2.  If i open SE, i have only Visualizer Tutorial, LOR Chase Sample, and LOR Loop Sample under the Existing sequence tab.  The Recent sequence tab is blank.  So if i go into document...light-o-rama...sequences, and dbl click a sequence it attempts to pull up the SE but i get a dialog box indicating "unknown file extension." If i right click that same sequence and go to properties, the type of file is LSV (.lsv)...opens with LORsequenceeditor.  I don't know what else to do.  Someone recommended staying away from the documents instead saving the sequences under C:\ which i also tried.  This has been an all day affair and i'm so frustrated.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you.

See here.

If you have "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled, then you may not be working on the file you think you are.

Instructions for changing "Hide extensions for known file types" can be found here:

I appreciate the link....but i'm much too ignorant to know how it will help me.  I followed the link's instructions and found that the "hide extensions" box was checked.  So i unchecked it.  But i don't know what exactly that did for me.  I tried opening up the sequences again, and the same thing happened as before.  I know it's asking alot...but could you guide me further?

I got it!!!  Turns out, i only copied the sequences that had the .lsv file extension and since i was seeing .lms in the sequence, i thought that's what the file was.  Thank you for the help and the support.  I went back to the old pc with a different thumb drive and copied everything from the '15 show....everything, even if i didn't think i wanted it.  I moved it to the new pc and saved it under c:\LOR and boom, everything showed up!!!!  Thanks again.