Light-O-Rama Forums

Done!

SparkDr

Taken down, packed up, put away. A new personal best thanks to my helpers...11am on Dec 26. 2 years in a row now that we have had enough mild weather here in the Northeast to allow such happenings. Rain coming tomorrow and 5-8 inches of the white stuff due on Tuesday. Today's efforts sure beats the dickens out of chipping through ice and snow in early January or waiting until the spring thaw to recover the last of the extension cords.

I still have 9 more show nights. Monday 4 January it all will come down. Mine only takes a few hours to take down with a little help.

Congrats!

I took our 23 inflatables down between 7pm and 8:30pm tonight during the show.  Rain was forecast and I got lucky since it started as I was moving the last two in the house. :) Now I just need to set half of them up so their bottoms dry...

Rest of the display will be taken down next weekend starting the 1st. I know it sounds funny but I'm hoping for snow before that time. I love getting pictures and videos when the white stuff is everywhere. :D

I'm in the northeast in New England too, I just have to get my lights off the roof tomorrow, before the forecasted snow on Tuesday. Then I'll be 100% down

Just got 11" of snow on Christmas on top of the already 8" or so still lingering.  Wednesday's take down should be fun, he said sarcastically.

My display will come down today and tomorrow. It has been extremely nice weather here in N.E. Indiana, 40's to mid 50's and now of course the last few days and this weekend it decides to get cold out with 10-15 mph wind. Oh well it could always be worse. 23 degrees right now, I have done it below 0 before.

Wayne

All of mine came down on the 26th. It took nearly 10 hours! Later that night I became sick and felt the effects of the work with my back going out. Today, I am feeling better. I am thankful it was done before my misfortunes.

We took down our display this weekend.  Five days to put up, two days to take down.  And as we took it down we labeled most of the homemade extension cords to make it easier for next year.  Then we immediately mowed our yard because it was like a JUNGLE since we forgot to mow it before putting out the decorations in November.  So now we are back to normal. =(

• Like 1

Finished putting all the extection cords up 75 of them in the world of light o rama never normal

Edited by james morris