Light-O-Rama Forums

First Pixel arches....

Not My Monkeys

Newbie here.

Have a 32 channel LOR setup working and for a first try, pretty good.

I have time to play around over the xmas break so i bought an alpha pix 4 and 2 smart pixel ribbons.   I've made two pvc arches., wired them to the alpha pix, see the alpha pix on my network, and all test modes work.

Each arch has 93 pixels.

I make each one its own universe, and both universes on the same output one.

I just need to understand now how to get the channels into LOR and sequence them really quickly?  I have a superstar license as well.  I did 3 channels for each of the 93 pixels, but i need to join them?

I'm looking for the easiest way to get the arches just working to a sequence but all the info on pixel mapping etc has over whelmed me.

I'm off till new years, so I hope to learn and play and start the designing and planning for next year.   :)

Use PE, Pixel Editor, create 2 arches, for example arch 1, universe 1, number of sections 1, nodes 93, channel dmx, start channel 1, end channel 279(channels are 3 times nodes)

Next arch 2, everything the same except universe number. Make sure then PE is set to control lights under tools then toss something in and try them.

I'm not very familiar with a alpha pix controller but I think the max channels you can have per connector is 510, you're at 558, so you may need to connect each arch to its own connection.

I am not familiar with the AlphaPix4 but I know it is a similar spec to the Pixlite4. You can get about 500 pixels per output, not 500 channels. The Pixlite has a quarter the outputs of the Pixcon16, but half the pixel count, so each output can do twice as many.