Light-O-Rama Forums

Another feature request: stars

LightsByGreg

If you want to be able to snap right to a place in the timeline or remember to go back to it, somehow you can place a star on the timeline. You could use this to mark the location of an effect, the beginning of a song, ect

I generally make an extra, fake channel in my sequences that I can use to make entries. I have even used the fade up, fade down, twinkle, etc. to represent different things in that track. It doesn't affect the show since I never assign that channel to a controller.

Play Marker would be nice. Looks like the 'M' key is available, M for marker. Sound Forge uses that, you can even mark while the song is playing.

How about a 'freeze row' feature? Like in Excel. To keep say the first row or two as a tempo row that is always available. Or maybe the first 8 rows that have primary beats and events?

Marty has that from his web site and I've started 'prepping' songs before going after the depth of all of the events within a song. Also allows me to be a bit brainless for a while during sequencing as I'm designing other songs as a total show effort. Hopefully this will help in not being forced into designing something when I'm tired or not in the mood, but keep working forward in sequencing new songs.

mcdeo wrote:

How about a 'freeze row' feature? Like in Excel. To keep say the first row or two as a tempo row that is always available. Or maybe the first 8 rows that have primary beats and events?

Something like this can be done right now, using tracks. It won't be exactly what you want, but it might help a bit, at least:

For every "real" track, you could make another "freeze" track. You would place a freeze track directly above its real track, with however many frozen channels you want, and give it exactly the same timings as in its real track.

You can then scroll through the real track without moving its frozen track at all.