Light-O-Rama Forums

138lbs...

JeffF

That's what UPS dropped off at my front door today... 138lbs of blue LED strands for our 2016 display! B)

I hate to end being almost 100% incandescent but the blue coating on those is horrible so LEDs it was. I guess I can live with being ~80% incans.

Man, can NOT wait to start adding these to all the display elements and fooling around with them. I'm a complete LED noob so I'm hoping they don't dim too differently from what I'm used to. At least I'll have 11 months to learn(and change all our sequences)!  :D

Maybe in another decade I'll try some of those RGB pixel thingies I hear are all the rage... :P

Blue LEDs are what I started with because they faded so bad on my incans.. So I know where you are headed.. LOL   Now all my big trees are LED... Current draw is down to below 7 amps overall when before I used two 20 amp circuits and when the lights would pulse on the closer one, you could see it in the furthest ones..  Now the colors are bright and specific on every tree and they are the same year after year.. no fading.. It did take a toll on the budget, but it was worth it...

Cya on the dark side.... or should I say, the light side!   :P

Glad i am upgrading to Dumb RGB next year, all my blue Mini incans that i bought this year have already started to fade, almost clear on some of them.

Blue LEDs are what I started with because they faded so bad on my incans.. So I know where you are headed.. LOL   Now all my big trees are LED... Current draw is down to below 7 amps overall when before I used two 20 amp circuits and when the lights would pulse on the closer one, you could see it in the furthest ones..  Now the colors are bright and specific on every tree and they are the same year after year.. no fading.. It did take a toll on the budget, but it was worth it...

Cya on the dark side.... or should I say, the light side!   :P

Thanks!

I hear you on the sticker shock but I really wanted to do blue next year and I figured "it's only money". :D And in just testing one strand I can totally see what people are talking about with their toughness. You can actually handle them without worrying about breaking bulb leads. :o

I can't wait to start tearing down so I can play!!!

And yes... already thinking about which color I will be buying after next lighting season. :)

Merry Christmas!

Congrats Jeff,

You will be asking yourself, why did I wait so long? And what color am I replacing next with any kind of sale that happens?

Just throw an LED light sale at me..., I dare ya. That's what you will be saying too. :)

• The topic was locked