Light-O-Rama Forums

Fully built CMB24D controller

Richard

Is there a reason LOR only sells the control board and does not have a completely built controller with this board for sale? I've seen a complete setup (to include spotlights, floodlights, etc with appropriate power supply) through creativelightingdisplays.com, but wondering why LOR doesn't just sell completed controllers like they do with their regular controllers.

The controller can be used for all kinds of things. There are so many uses, RGB and non-RGB, and different voltages, amperages, all kinds of things.

Yes, flexibility, but what about folks that actually need or want{prefer} it fully assembled and fully wired?    I can't solder any longer due to vision issues, so it'd be nice if these things came fully assembled for those of use that would prefer them that way, already in an enclosure and such.

Just don't know why, even with it's DIY flexibility for those that can do that, there are no options for those of us that want to order it fully assembled to the specifications we want.    Sure it's going to cost a few bucks more, but it'd be well worth it to be able to have it fully assembled and in an enclosure for what the end user would want it set it up for, especially for those that really don't want to do DIY stuff, but just want to be able to control RGB or items they want the controller to control.

I really don't think it's all that unreasonable a request for one to want to buy one fully assembled.

I mean we have options for many items that LOR sells from the drop down boxes from build it yourself, partially assembled to complete units, so I just don't see why that couldn't be used for the CMD24D in a similar fashion.

Edited by Orville