Light-O-Rama Forums

AliExpress LED Lights

EmmienLightFan

I know that buying lights from Ebay is not a good idea, unless you wish to burn your house down, but what about LED lights from AliExpress?

They are more expensive than Ebay, but cheaper than shops.

Has anybody had any experience buying lights from AliExpress?

yeah, what's wrong with lights from Ebay?  I've been using them for years.  No problems at all.  

Just inspect the wires (but, i do that with any lights I buy)

Actually, you probably get better ones in America. 240v Ebay lights all have tiny wires, dangerous controller boxes and the wrong resistors.

If you're looking at getting lights directly from China (AliExpress), go directly to Ray Wu's store. Many of us get lights from Ray. He has learned enough about what we need, that he can work well for us. BTW, don't believe the Ali listed shipping price. Send a list of items as a message to Ray (easy to do via the site), and request a quote. He will give a better quote - especially for larger orders.

Actually, you probably get better ones in America. 240v Ebay lights all have tiny wires, dangerous controller boxes and the wrong resistors.

Yeah we dont use 240v lights here, we 120 volt.

If you're looking at getting lights directly from China (AliExpress), go directly to Ray Wu's store. Many of us get lights from Ray. He has learned enough about what we need, that he can work well for us. BTW, don't believe the Ali listed shipping price. Send a list of items as a message to Ray (easy to do via the site), and request a quote. He will give a better quote - especially for larger orders.

Most of my RGB stuff comes from Ray. I meant mains voltage ordinary lights though.

Most of my RGB stuff comes from Ray. I meant mains voltage ordinary lights though.

I just now realized yer form the UK. Now i see why ya wrote 240 volt.

• The topic was locked