Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Lights Designer 4.0 - First Look Videos

Texan78

• 1 month later...

Not being a programmer or familiar with the procedures, etc., does anyone know if the LOR protocol is changed per Dan's other posts, will the Holidaysoft 4.0 interface with LOR also have to be changed? I realize the 4.0 has not even been released yet, but was wondering if the software that works with LOR would also have to be rewritten. I have been holding off on doing any serious sequencing, other than just playing around with LOR II to get familiar with it, so I don't have to redo the visualizer after the Holiday software is released. I figure I will have to redo things anyway once Dan releases information about the other "goodies" he is planning to release this year. I am beginning to get the queasy feelings of last year when I kept putting off sequencing until the gamma was released. Don't want to find myself in the same boat again this year.

We will maintain compatibility with Holiday Soft regardless of what happens. As far as waiting to sequence. Do not wait. The changes that will come this year are things that you can use to augment your existing sequences. They will be new lighting effects and some other things that you can add to your existing sequences. Do not wait to start sequencing.

LightORamaDan wrote:

We will maintain compatibility with Holiday Soft regardless of what happens. As far as waiting to sequence. Do not wait. The changes that will come this year are things that you can use to augment your existing sequences. They will be new lighting effects and some other things that you can add to your existing sequences. Do not wait to start sequencing.

Dan this is the BEST tip for ANYONE. I have 1st years all ask me for tips and thats mine ... DONT WAIT.

Harrison

hbomb341 wrote:

Peter B wrote:
Hi All,

Is this available to purchase now? Should I wait (don't know what for) & where do I get this from.

Sorry for all the questions :D

Pete. :cool:

No - ~3 Month Away. http://www.holidaysoft.com/

Harrison

I have been using the current Holidaysoft Light Designer program to design my 2008 display.

I really like the program and it gives me a better visual of what my new design is going to look like.

Even though I have not looked into LORII yet, I'm sure when the new release of the new Holiday Light Designer program is released, and with the new options of using it with LORII its going to open up a new door to possibilities.

I'm very curious what the new lighting effects are going to be that Dan Mentioned above ?

Might be Top Secret untill the official release of LORII.

Travis

Travis wrote:

I'm very curious what the new lighting effects are going to be that Dan Mentioned above ?

Travis

I think that Dan mentioned that a fading shimmer and twinkle would be available but after the firmware update. He has also mentioned that several new cards were in the works including one for control of solenoids, but I don't know if this will rely on the new firmware or not.

Denny wrote:

Travis wrote:

Travis

I think that Dan mentioned that a fading shimmer and twinkle would be available but after the firmware update. He has also mentioned that several new cards were in the works including one for control of solenoids, but I don't know if this will rely on the new firmware or not.
Well whatever new lighting effects will be added and new features, I'm sure its going to be good no matter what.