Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel roof lights

sjsocane

Okay so these are not my lights but when I saw them I wondered if anyone else has done this or thought about this.  Sorry I cant post the link but check out youtube "lightupflorida 2015.  Dont read his comments about LOR ;) but his use of pixels on the roof are very impressive!!

Looks like Floods to wash the wall, normal Icicle lights, (a bunch) and then Strobes for the cool flashing. The fans/arches look to be pixels for the fan and normal LEDs for the arch part. That would be my guess

Looks like Floods to wash the wall, normal Icicle lights, (a bunch) and then Strobes for the cool flashing. The fans/arches look to be pixels for the fan and normal LEDs for the arch part. That would be my guess

The arches have very vivid colors. Maybe LED or dumb RGB.

No according to his comments the Icicles are pixels looped over and over again.  The Arches and fans are pixels as well.  He talks about power injection on the roof Icicles as well.  I guess he loops them to give the icicle look.  I thought it was rather inventive and was curious if anyone else is doing this.

No according to his comments the Icicles are pixels looped over and over again.  The Arches and fans are pixels as well.  He talks about power injection on the roof Icicles as well.  I guess he loops them to give the icicle look.  I thought it was rather inventive and was curious if anyone else is doing this.

I have pixel icicles in my display and so does Ron Boyd.

I soldered in extra 3 core wire between them to increase spacing.

They cost about $25 to make.

Next year I will be making some different ones to go on the top of the house.

Very Nice lights!!  I guess its the amount he has on his roof line that was so impresive to me, or I am easily impressed.  I had not seen that many pixels formed to mimic icicles before.  I will start dabbling into Pixels for 2016.  So wish me luck!!!

• The topic was locked