Light-O-Rama Forums

Biggest hits

kingfish

what would you say was your big hit this season. Being a new prop or even a song. this was my first year and my singing faces for both halloween and xmas where big hits. whats yours

20' Tall, walk-in, controllable tree. At one point it logged 135 triggers in a 25 minute period. Kids are LOVING pushing the buttons and making the tree change color, spin, and strobe. Plus, they're INSIDE a 20' mega tree. By far the biggest hit of the year. Works using an LOR InputPup and a pair of 16-channel controllers. 

post-4997-0-60640000-1450653763_thumb.jppost-4997-0-82583900-1450653764_thumb.jp

post-4997-0-34600400-1450653985_thumb.jp

Edited by Stephen Blue
  • Like 2

Our snowman snow machine is this years big hit. It just replaced Virtual Santa as everyones favorite. The kids go nuts as the snow falls. I have it programed for Let it Snow and it does.

Edited by christmasocd

I would say the virtual Santa is a big hit EVERY year.  All the little ones think Santa lives at our house.  Not much changed from last year to this year.  The biggest song this year would be Uptown Funk.

My husband said a couple weeks ago that next year he'd rather add a Virtual Santa than the singing Christmas tree faces, so part of our 2016 budget will definitely be to add virtual santa in addition to another 16 channels.  My son really wants us to do a mega tree, but we just don't have the capacity in our yard to do that any time soon.

Our big hit this year was just having a musical light show - this was our first year doing it.  Even though our display is not nearly as impressive as 99.9% of the people here on the LOR forums, our town only has 1-2 homes (that I know of) doing light shows, so even my paltry 16 channel show is enough to "wow" people who come see it.

We found out last night that our house has been posted on a local mommy forum as a good place to take kids to see dancing lights - which fits with what we've been seeing on our surveillance camera footage.  Over the past few nights we've seen a major uptick in people stopping to watch our lights.  We know that tonight and tomorrow we'll see even more since those are the big nights that people tour around to see neighborhood decorations.

I did a Star wars Uptown Funk remix and some people stayed for the whole song. I am annoyed because I left 30 seconds of nothing at the end of the audio file, so the people thought that it was the end.

Still, one song is the second longest time that someone has stayed, that I know of.

We added two tvs in our living room windows to show videos. The sequence and video we made for "Soldiers Silent Night" has been a big hit.

I did a Star wars Uptown Funk remix and some people stayed for the whole song. I am annoyed because I left 30 seconds of nothing at the end of the audio file, so the people thought that it was the end.

Still, one song is the second longest time that someone has stayed, that I know of.

You can cut that 30 second gap in the sequence editor...go to edit, then change total time, works great.

I did Party Rock this year and Light 'em up. Have people dancing in front of the house to them!

for me probably having LOR in general for the first year and having a singing tree was the best . Can't wait for next year so I can actually be prepared for it !! Me and my kids are building a " beat laboratory " in the basement now lol! Kids came up with the name