Light-O-Rama Forums

Greenhorn....

Chrisoco

Hey guys, looks light I'm finally taking the plunge lol.... I will have lots of questions as I have lots of ideas on what I want to do next year, so if I ask to many just tell me I won't get offended. I'm thinking about ordering the pro 16 Chanel system, can I add more Chanel's later? If yes how do I connect a extra controller

Yes, you can add more channels later. No problems.

Controllers connect together via a 4 pair cable. While it a cable that is typically used for your home computer, they aren't speaking the same language. And ... you can connect the controllers in any numerical order you want.

Look at LOR Typical Setups here...

http://www1.lightorama.com/typical-setups/

Before ordering anything, ask yourself what you envision your display looking like. If you like the look of RGB pixels, you may want to start there.

I love watching light dance to music. I bought a system from lowes a few years ago and well not what I was hoping for. So this year I just put up a quick display. I was at Disney this year and watched the Osborne lights and that was it I was hooked. Plus I have always been in competition with my neighbor lol.

Where is the best place to download music from?

If I don't setup the lights to music do they have a default program? Also if I play music will the lights just go to the music without me doing my own setup?

Thanks again guys very much appreciated!!!

You can buy your music anywhere, rip your own CD's if you wish.

Music used for sequencing should be 128 kbs mp3 at a constant bit rate,cbr, not vbr or variable bit rate. You can also use .wav files.

Sorry, no default auto sequences. It's all painstaking labor intensive hours in front of the sequence editor, fun watching it come to life though.

If you haven't already downloaded the LOR suite go ahead and begin getting familliar with the software.

you'll find there is nothing like making the whole song/show your own creation!  Great time to start--also great advice to envision what your setup will be.  This time next year you'll be thinking about more channels, more lights, more fun!  Merry Christmas!  

Once I download the software (trial version) how much access does it give me? I have watched a few videos on YouTube and and I noticed that you can upload a picture of your house to see how the lights will look. Are you able to do that with the trial version?

Once I download the software (trial version) how much access does it give me? I have watched a few videos on YouTube and and I noticed that you can upload a picture of your house to see how the lights will look. Are you able to do that with the trial version?

The software is fully functional, but it just won't output to your lights unless you pay for it.

I would start by following these tutorials, specifically the sequence editor ones, and practicing.

http://www1.lightorama.com/tutorials/

Quick question, what the difference between the Residential series 16 channel and the Pro 16 channel starter package other than the price lol