Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizing house for next year's show

bravado67

I discovered LOR a week before Thanksgiving and had a 48 channel light show up and running by December 1. That was after trying my old lights and trying to use big box store light shows; none of which I liked for our new home. With little time I took advantage of the Sequence Store and used my imagination for additional props. I am beyond bitten! And we just won Yard of the Month! I have finished all the tutorials, purchased SuperStar, practicing, and PLANNING next year's show. 

My house as you will see is sectioned by 3 main areas (better to have 4 for music)post-16712-0-37195600-1450296484_thumb.j which has me going nuts. For this year I took the top left and right roof sections for 1, Middle roofline for 2, top right roofline for 3 and bottom roofline "L-shape" for 4. 

I am hoping you may offer some suggestions on how to section my home for the best appearance. Our home is at the end of a T sections so viewing is great from 180 degrees with best viewing from front garage side. I plan to run Smart RGB Ribbons, Pixels or Bulbs next year as well as a Mega Tree in the right side of my home. I have 26x25 feet to play with. 

Also, why would I choose bulbs vs pixels for my roofline and windows? Or, better to use ribbons? If ribbons, how do I make the most of the strand with varying sized windows to limit waste?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ron Howard (not the actor! lol)

Bulbs have more of a traditional C9 Christmas light bulb style and pixels are more like a simple LED and housing.

You can use either for your roofline and windows. Ribbons, done well, have a cleaner straight modern look. However are much harder and it does involve cutting.

Now you can still use the extra bits of CCRs with Light-O-Rama's new Pixcon 16 pixel controller, so there is little wastage.

• Like 1