Light-O-Rama Forums

Want to buy lights.

Garland

I believe those are lasers, and very expensive; I don't remember his forum name but he's around here someplace; not much help is it :)

Hi Gang,

These Are Moving Head Lights that Can be bought from any Theatrical Dealer... Buyer Be Warned tho... The good ones can be expensive as they have transitioned from the Standard Incan Light to LED.

Ali Express has some available, but I have not purchased them yet. Altho I have seen them in theaters (Live Performance) They do use either a 5pin or 3 pin DMX connector. You can use 3 or 5 pin DMX and LOR will control it.

I bought my USB DMX Adapter from DMX King (www.dmxking.com) and they have a single unit (99) or a Multi (199.)

Nope they are these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot-beam-230w-7r-sharpy-moving-head-light-beam-light/2048677298.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_2_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_4

these lights are the Chinese version of the clay paky sharpy.

the Lights that tbetgeorge used are not LED and he has said this in this post on here. Although he never tells what the lights are intentionally I figured it out from a close shot of the light in his episode of the great christmas light fight.

There is another LOR guy on here named Mark H who got the same beam lights that can be seen in his video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZxFh__z86c

I may add some of these lights to my show this year or next year also one more thing to note is that the weather proofing domes the tbetgeorge used are inflatable domes.

Also keep in mind to get the best effect from these lights it is best to use fog with them, but from what I have heard if you focus the beam on white you will still get a beam from the dust particles in the air.

Hope this helps!

Edited by canadianchristmas

Nope they are these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot-beam-230w-7r-sharpy-moving-head-light-beam-light/2048677298.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_2_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_4

these lights are the Chinese version of the clay paky sharpy.

the Lights that tbetgeorge used are not LED and he has said this in this post on here. Although he never tells what the lights are intentionally I figured it out from a close shot of the light in his episode of the great christmas light fight.

There is another LOR guy on here named Mark H who got the same beam lights that can be seen in his video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZxFh__z86c

I may add some of these lights to my show this year or next year also one more thing to note is that the weather proofing domes the tbetgeorge used are inflatable domes.

Also keep in mind to get the best effect from these lights it is best to use fog with them, but from what I have heard if you focus the beam on white you will still get a beam from the dust particles in the air.

Hope this helps!

I agree with you. These are stage lights. Effcets are stunning.

American DJ pocket spots are probably more reliable than the Chinese ones. I may get one or two.

The light will not show up unless there is fog. You will need a fog machine mounted near to them that turns on for a while before the show. Possibly a fan as well to disperse the fog.

Not to sound like a party pooper, but before you go spending a nut on these, I would check with local regulations about them. Wouldn't be cool if you got them going and get shut down for them. We need a permit to run any type of spot/search/strobe(aerial) lights here.

I had trouble with spot/strobe lights for lightning effects for my Halloween display.

Just saying.