Light-O-Rama Forums

What questions do you get asked?

godman

First time I was asked this question ,I went to the mall but could not find anything in your display to buy

Actually I get that one more often than you think.  

Actually had a person drive up one time during the day, knock on my door and ask me what store sells everything I have in my display, can I get it at Sears, Macy's, J.C. Penney or do I need to go to a home improvement or hardware store to find the stuff.

I just stated, the L.E.D. strands most any hardware, home improvement. hardware or retail store that carries Christmas items, my blow molds, the best place for finding those type items is e-bay.   And then I actually had that person ask me, where is the closest e-bay store they could drive too so they could go and buy the stuff!   I almost lost it on that one, I had to try real hard to keep from bursting out laughing and busting a gut on that one in front of them, fortunately I didn't!   After they left I  just had to let it go and was laughing so hard I was crying and shaking my head.   My wife asked me what was so dang funny?  She got a good laugh out of that one too.

• Like 1

I think one of the visitors to my display the other night used one too many of those illegal drugs in the 60's!   They asked me how this all works, so I was showing them the controller boxes and explaining how it all works together in the simplest terms possible.    Tried about 3 times without success they just could not seem to grasp it at all.

Finally I said: "I trained a lot of hamsters, attached my lights to their exercise wheel that inside the grey boxes I showed you, and I have them trained to run on them for a few hours every night at specific times, when the lights start shimmering, or fading I know they're getting tired, but they're strong little critters and manage to get it all back up and running correctly in a short time."

The answer I got {in the best drug voice you can imagine}:   "Oh wow man, that's just so awesome man.....pause....I didn't know you could train hamsters to do stuff like that, far out dude....Another longer pause....Hey man, ya think you could train some for me and help me set my house up like yours?, That'd be just so cool you know, right man?"     Oh brother, where do some of these folks come from?   ROFLMAO

Edited by Orville

With our santa window projection a lot of kids ask if "you live with Santa?" Lol. Even had one kid try to open the front door to come in a see him.

>snip<

The answer I got {in the best drug voice you can imagine}: "Oh wow man, that's just so awesome man.....pause....I didn't know you could train hamsters to do stuff like that, far out dude....Another longer pause....Hey man, ya think you could train some for me and help me set my house up like yours?, That'd be just so cool you know, right man?" Oh brother, where do some of these folks come from? ROFLMAO

For some reason Cheech & chong come to mind. Lol.

For some reason Cheech & chong come to mind. Lol.

now you did it. Now I have to find Cheech & Chong holiday music. Or I could just sequence earache my eye Edited by Ebuechner

One of my favorite questions is "How do you get the radio station to play your music?".

+1 on the other questions mentioned.

Mark

This is my most asked question. Living in northern Wisconsin, many people have seen nothing like LOR before, and the ones that know there is even music to all the flashing lights, think the radio station is playing the music for me.  Its taken some time, but the people in my small town are catching on to want I am doing and more and more people are stopping to watch the show. Its my first year and its been fun to watch the people stop by, and hear what they have to say.

Gary

1-where did you buy your lights

2-are you an electrical engineer?

3-do you own that radio station?

As far as the Santa projection, if kids are outside and I am leaving the house I pause before closing the door and say" ok Santa, I'll be back in a few minutes!"

So few people know that there is music to go with my display. I have several signs up now.                                  

There are 4 other LOR users in this country.

So few people know that there is music to go with my display. I have several signs up now.                                  

There are 4 other LOR users in this country.

I think there are a few more than 4