Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Dumb Ribbon Problem

FirstClassPro

So I have a CMB-24D controlling (8) 8 foot tall LED RGB ribbon bars mounted to aluminum u-channel.

I am having problems with 3 of the bars. 2 of them are ghosting blue when red comes on, making the color purple. I think water got in the connection so I am not too worried about those ones. I will be taking a look at them tomorrow.

The other one is the one I don't know about. The other bar is only showing every 2 red LEDs but they are very dim, even when at full power. When the bar is supposed to be green or blue, it shows nothing. However, when it is supposed to be red, there will be 2 red LEDs on and the next 2 will be off and so on. I have never seen this happen.

Thanks for any help!

- Aaron

LOR Ribbons as well?

Either way, could be damaged ribbons somehow. That's usually what you see when the ribbons are slightly flexed, etc.

I just had a similar problem with some dumb RGB strips (not LOR) it was on an element where I was able to separate the different sections and find the problem area. My red and green seem to be back feeding each other. I couldn't get one color without the other because there was resistance between them. I was testing with a 12 volt battery then I hooked the voltage between the red and green wires to blow out whatever was back feeding (figured I had nothing to lose). This would fix the problem for one night. But in the end I had to find and replace the bad section.