Light-O-Rama Forums

Got music no lights

Buck268

I'm so close I can smell it. I've used the SE and got songs and just used the beat sequencer saved then used HU to add to the SD card to use in the mini director. When inserted in the director it plays music but no lights. Currently running the LOR SD card and everthing works.

Suggestions????

Not to be a smart a$$, but your sequences do have your channels assigned? If you didn't assign controller channels to the sequence, it may play as you describe.

Thanks, I have just enough computer knowledge to be dangerous.

I was trying to get my feet wet in doing a simple add music and use the system default timing "beat". When I used the SB I used all the defaults and entered 16 for the channels that I have. So how do I go back and assign the channels and can the system do it automatically?

After this season, I want to get more technical and that's another chapter for another time.

I would suggest you go to the manual for your controller and look at how to set the unit ID, and when that is done, go back into the sequence and verify that your sequence is set to the correct values. The system doesn't do any of that automatically unfortunately.

Do you have any sequences that have channels actually "programmed" {on} in them?    If yes, what is the actual ID of your controller?  

As the screen shot you posted is set for Controller ID 01 and Channels 1-16, if your Controller ID is 02, and you have a sequence actually programmed to make the lights come on and go off, it's not going to see it in that sequence, you can either go into the channel config section of the SE and re-assign all the ID's to the correct controller or do it the harder way by clicking each button one at a time, change the info to the correct Controller ID and save the sequence with the corrected info.  

Would also be prudent and smart to export the newly updated channel config so it matches what you have and default the SE to use it when creating a new musical sequence, then you don't have to worry about that problem each time you create a new sequence.

BTW: If you haven't programmed any lights in the Sequence Editor{SE}, no lights are going to do anything.   This IS NOT a plug and play system where you just create a new sequence by adding music and lights start dancing to the music.  You have to put a lot of time, patience and effort into getting sequences coded to the music in the SE, it doesn't do any of this automatically for you.  A Mr. Christmas this IS NOT!

Thanks, really excited to get in and start playing around just need to get the basics down. Been going through topics and videos trying to learn. Just found out that if I upgrade to the Super Star from the Basic Plus for $29 I should be able to accomplish my goal # 2 below. 

My Id is set and do default.

For someone with little to no programming experience, this is how I see myself growing. 

Step 1: Show time central with show card (great).

Step 2: Boy if I can add some different music to another SD card and have the system insert it's own timing (really great)

Step 3: Now I see/understand how to plan hook up and have ideas for a layout and start my own design (Awesome) = more $$$$

You don't need any programming experience for LOR.

SuperStar's auto sequenced things will look nowhere near as good as something you do yourself.

Yes, you don't need any "programming", but in a way that is still exactly what we're doing "programming" the lights via the Sequence Editor software to get the lights to do what we want them to do.   It's more graphical than actual programming would be.   I just use the term because we are putting on a show {program} for visitors, so in a sense we are programming, just not in the traditional or standard way of what some may think when they see or hear the term used for creating LOR light shows on your computer or Director unit.

No confusion intended or meant and is why directly after the word "programmed" was the {ON} in my initial question.   And again, we *do* program, just graphically, in the SE to get our lights to do what we want, although sometimes they don't always cooperate with us on what we thought they'd do as to what they really did. LOL

Did you get it figured out?  Man... I remember spending a GOOD amount of time trying to work through a similar issue.  Have you already tested the lights through the "hardware app"?  Shoot me an email if you'd like further help.  I've been there done that for sure.

Jacob.cater@att.net

Yes, you don't need any "programming", but in a way that is still exactly what we're doing "programming" the lights via the Sequence Editor software to get the lights to do what we want them to do.   It's more graphical than actual programming would be.   I just use the term because we are putting on a show {program} for visitors, so in a sense we are programming, just not in the traditional or standard way of what some may think when they see or hear the term used for creating LOR light shows on your computer or Director unit.

No confusion intended or meant and is why directly after the word "programmed" was the {ON} in my initial question.   And again, we *do* program, just graphically, in the SE to get our lights to do what we want, although sometimes they don't always cooperate with us on what we thought they'd do as to what they really did. LOL

I know. I was talking to the OP.

People with less computer know how, even on here, hear the word and think that they are actually programming, which they are, sort of.

I saw a YouTube video, one of those vlogs, 

by someone who uses LOR, 

where someone refers to their sequence as lines of code.

I laughed a little at that.

Now using Super Star and built shows, exported to SE and then went to SB to transfer to the SD card. Error says media file not found. When I put the show together in SS music and lights work.

post-16746-0-80184400-1450500191_thumb.p

The "media file not found" is the music file. It may be in your computer, but it's not in the correct location in the LOR folder. It needs to be in the audio folder.

Not sure if I'm getting better or worse, got the media file taken care of and thought I was done. Now, I get an error :

# 28 Channel is completely off.

All shows saying same thing all built in SS.

Not sure if I'm getting better or worse, got the media file taken care of and thought I was done. Now, I get an error :

# 28 Channel is completely off.

All shows saying same thing all built in SS.

Nothing to worry about UNLESS that channel is supposed to be on or have commands such as fading, twinkling, shimmering, etc.

All that error means is there are no lighting commands on that particular channel.    Not every song I have sequenced uses every element in my display, so I may see a host of numerous channels with that error, especially my coro arches, I'll get Controller ID 02 channel #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12 are all off, but I know that's okay because my 4 - 3 channel arches aren't on in several sequences.  so I see this error a lot, and is one you can usually just ignore.

It's just telling you that channel isn't going to control any lights because the entire row is empty or OFF.   Again, nothing to really be too concerned with or worry about.