Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels and controllers

Heffo

Was just wondering what is the best and cheapest pixels and controllers to use what I am planing for next year is a fence or roof full of pixels so I can do some cool effects it will be something like a matrix but on a big scale hope I can find something that is not going to cost me the world I have seen vids of people doing this so would love some feed back from people that have done this thanks in advance

HEFFO

That's a broad question; but Light O Rama certainly offers complete packages. They aren't necessarily cheap but the hardware(controllers and lights RGB) is almost plug and play. And they have unmatched customer service

There are lots of different DIY ways to do it depending on your skill level

• Like 1

Cheap ha mate I am all ready running a 12ccr tree 2x cmb24d RGB controllers 1x cmb16d controller so my house is covered in RGBs so I do not mean cheap I mean the best price for pixels and controllers I have been doing this for a few years just have not got into pixels yet as I add something new every year to change the look of my house

Thank you to philmassey and wmilkie for a straight answer

And I think I am doing the right hobby

THANKYOU

there are lots of different products out there..

i run my whole show in DMX so I have a Mix of large and small controllers..

the advantage of Cosmic color pixels is that you have your pixels and cntroller in close proximity  and dont have to worry about injecting DC power mid-stream into your pixels..

I use SANDEVICES controllers with pixels bought from RAY WU for my High density areas like covering the yard or roof as the per-pixel cost to go that route is much less than going with Cosmic color devices..  plus I have one power feed and one ethernet cable for 800 pixels.

I use Cosmic Color Pixels on my house as its quite spread out and makes it nice with the controller right next to the lights..

-Christopher