Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with Subsequences

randallr

The subsequence feature is really neat.. However, once I assign a subsequence to a channel in main sequence, any changes in subsequence aren't recognized..

I changed the property to a LOR controller channel, then selected the subsequence again, and the change isn't there.. I added it to the next channel, and it plays the updated subsequence....

I was thinking about having all of the DMX floods in a RedOn or GreenOn subsequence, instead of having to select all of them....

Only problem is it's either all on or off in main sequence (understandably) If the subsequence has a fade, then it plays in the mainsequence... The sub will repeat as long as the channel is on in mainsequence, so if you do a fadeup, the subsequence has to be as long as the channel will be turned on in main-sequence...

randallr wrote:

The subsequence feature is really neat.. However, once I assign a subsequence to a channel in main sequence, any changes in subsequence aren't recognized..

Hi Randall,

Yes, we only load the subsequence the first time that the main sequence is played (and in a few other situations, but that's the big one).

The reason for this is so that we don't slow down play in a show: the sequence might be played many times in a show, and we only want to load it (and its subsequences) once, so that we can play with as little delay as possible.

To get around this in the Sequence Editor, you could close and reopen the main sequence.

We're thinking about adding something to make this easier, such as a "reload subsequences" function.

In the sequence editor, I think it might be nice to have subsequences always reload (at least optionally via program option). When doing sequencing, things are going to be in flux and you'll be changing lots of stuff...

In the show controller, I agree that they shouldn't reload, as you want the best performance possible and things aren't likely to change once the show is running...

-Tim

Wasn't a big deal.. If you guys felt like changing something, I'd rather it be the "Import Channel" part... Give us an option to put it at beginning, end, or best yet, pick which track to put the imported channels in...

Reason being that we're (and a lot of others it seems) are adding a lot of new stuff, i.e. DMX, and it'd make life easier to add to previous sequences... I like my mega-tree at the top of channels, then each part of show is grouped....