Light-O-Rama Forums

best browser

kingfish

i should recieve my new computer in the mail tonight.  mainly to use for lor. i know i will need ie to download bobs milp, but wifch browser have you used to download lor . It will have windows 7. not going to 10.

thanks for all sugestions

larry

Any should work, but my standard advise us anything other than Internet Explorer. I prefer Firefox, but have used Google Chrome and Opera as well.

You might want to check Bob's videos or instructions on his site. I THINK for the initial install you may have to use IE, but ONLY for the install.

As for the best browser, what Jim said,

I use Chrome.

Edited by PhilMassey

No one best brower, just comes down to personal preference.  

I run Firefox because it seems to handle my larger font and lower screen resolution setting better (I'm visually impaired) than IE.

I've used IE, no more, too many security issues with that one, tried Google Chrome, but it kept crashing on my system, just had too many issues with it.   Now using Firefox and have had very little problems with it, unlike the other 2 that I was constantly closing and having to reopen or go as far as to restart my computer!    And I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I use Google Chrome on my Surface Pro and PC. It is really good. On my PC I also have Firefox which I occasionally use. Microsoft's new Edge browser is OK as well. I like the ability to draw directly onto webpages using the Surface Pen or graphics tablet.

Google Chrome is my main browser. I like it because browser tabs are synchronised between all devices. I can click in the corner and view tabs open on my phone or PC. I started reading this thread on my phone then went over to my Surface in less than 5 seconds. 

Everyone has their own reason to like a certain browser.