Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights work in sequence editor but not during show

Denny

I started a help ticket with LOR, but thought I would post my problem here also to see if anyone has a suggestion to try.

"I am running version 4.038 and the three controllers involved with the problem outlined below are 2 ea CTB16, version 1, green boards, and one CTB16PC board.  The boards are several years old and have been used every year.

Problem:  These boards are dedicated to 6 singing tree, coro boards.  The lights on these boards are all leds.  The controllers are all on a dedicated auxiliary network, Aux A.  When I play my sequences with the sequence editor, the lights work perfectly.  When I incorporate them into a show, the outlines of all the singing trees will light and then go out.  This seems to happen in the same place every time.  I have tried both 57K and 115K network speeds with no change in the problem.  Any suggestions as to why the lights work with the sequence editor but not during the show?"

Edit to add:  First thing I tried was to reset the three controllers.  No change in results.

Edited by Denny

I had a similar thing happen this week.  I rebooted the PC and everything started working fine.  I have no idea why a reboot fixed the issue, but it did.

I finally figured out the problem, it was the background sequence.  I deleted that from the program and everything works as planned.

Ran the verifier, but that in itself was a real hassle for me.  I use the same channel configuration every year.  My "master" channel configuration does not have any controllers or information entered, only channel names.  Depending what I want to do each year, I may or may not use everything listed and only set up the configuration for the controllers and channels I plan to use.  When I ran the verifier on my show (50+ songs this year), it ran for over 3 hours and had given me 52,000 warnings -- all for channels/controllers not being used this year, and that was only part way through before I cancelled out of it.  Maybe down the road, LOR can change it where we can select what it verifies.  Pixels only compound the problem.

I run a background sequence too but it only has those channels only within and nothing else. Now during one sequence, I actually command those 6 channels in my case so there are two sets of commands going to those 6 channels but fast enough the main sequence commands take precedence or it appears that way. If you had other channels in there even though you weren't commanding them in the animation sequence, then you effectively sending "off" commands to all those channels even though the musical is trying to turn them on. You already found it of course so I'm just confirming what I've experienced with it.