Light-O-Rama Forums

White not showing up?

godman

Imported a 50 pixel viz file and all colors work except I can't see the white when I choose White as the color? (using instant sequence) I figured maybe it was something with the program as the sequencing is there just not the viz. I exported to SE but no sequence? Am I missing something?

If I understand what your saying then the answer is you don't use the White sliders at the bottom ...

In SuperStar Pixel talk... white is what you get when you turn RED-GREEN-BLUE ...

Pull up all 3 sliders in your color bar and you will get white ..

The white at the bottom you would use if your doing incandescent lights (someone correct me if I am wrong.. )

Hope this helps get you back in the saddle ..

Bob

I'm using the instant sequence and there is an option for individual colors, I choose White and nothing shows up on the VIZ I created?. Any other color is fine......I'm guessing there wouldn't be an option for White if it wasn't supposed to be programmed for White?

Using the bars while in Instant sequence does nothing...........

As I understand it, Bob has that right.  I use the White sliders for 5 white lights and the 6 strings of multicolor lights.  For RGB lights, white ais all three primary colors.

I echo the previous two posts. But if you are still having trouble, email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com

I understand but I'm using instant sequence and I choose the white as the color. I see no other way of adjusting the color in instant sequence except through the options available in the drop down boxes? Keep in mind I'm new to SS

Ok, when I went into Set custom colors on the instant sequence and changed all to white and used Custom Color by group I was able to see the whit on the Viz file. Why wouldn't I have been able to see it by just choosing the color white from the Color drop down box?

Yes, it is confusing. I tried to code it so that if all the lights on the row are RGB then white means red, green, and blue full on. And if there are no RGB lights in the row then white means "white lights". But I just tried it on an RGB visualization and as you said, if I choose RGBW or if I choose White as the color then nothing is showing up. I know that worked at one time, but I must have broke it along the way..

As a workaround, select "Custom Colors" by group or effect, then select white as your custom color and I found that did work on my RGB visualization.