Light-O-Rama Forums

Small sample of one of my 2015 songs (video)

Jaynee

So I found out about this song here on the LOR forums and I LOVE THE SONG.  So I purchased it from the band's website and threw a sequence together.

Tonight is our first night running the show and so far so good for the most part!  The number of cars stopping to watch has definitely increased over our non-programming static display we've had since Thanksgiving.  But no backups on our narrow road, which is good.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-YIGuG_e1E0

Song: Do You Hear by Spiraling (the song is only available for download on their website)

Edited by Jaynee

Our lights are a hit!  For the past couple nights we have had a lot of (manageable) traffic coming by the house.  We have surveillance cameras due to previous issues with theft and vandalism of our display, so we're able to see everyone that stops to look.

Last night at one point we had two vans pull up at the same time and park across the street. Then they all got out of the car and walked up and down the sidewalk in front of our house, and our driveway, looking at everything.  Probably about 6-7 very young kids and 4-5 adults.  They stayed for a good 7-8 minutes looking at everything before getting back in their cars and driving away.  We have a small speaker outside broadcasting at low volume for the many, many walkers we have in the neighborhood, and so I know they could hear the music as they visited.  So great to see people enjoying it!  Makes it all worthwhile, for sure!

I'm a numbers geek, so I've been tracking data this year.  Before we turned on the light show and had just the static display, we averaged 7-10 cars an hour and 3-4 sets of walkers stopping to look at the display every evening, but since the light show was activated on Saturday night, we've easily doubled that amount per hour.  I know 14-20 cars per hour doesn't sound like a lot to most folks, but it's our first year with animated lights and we had no idea what to expect - so we are pleased.  I'll be curious to see if those numbers increase as we get closer to December 25 when people are more likely to take a "neighborhood drive" going to nearby neighborhoods to look at lights.  We usually do our neighborhood drive on Christmas Eve - we go to 3-4 different subdivisions near ours to see what people have done for decorations.

• The topic was locked