Light-O-Rama Forums

Installing LORII

John Pidliskey

Iv'e downloaded the LOII Beta. Before I run the installa couple of Q.

Do I need to de-install LOR-I?

Does LOR-II install in the same folders as LOR-I,or does it create new folders?

Once I load LOR-II, Can I just import my existing channels from LOR-II?

Now the biggy,when I open a sequence that was created with LOR-I, and I want to save the new sequence, does it over-write the old sequence?

Any help would be great! I actually want to get a jump on making sure everything goes smooth with the transition to the latest software.

Guest wbottomley

John Pidliskey wrote:

Iv'e downloaded the LOII Beta. Before I run the installa couple of Q.

Do I need to de-install LOR-I? NO

Does LOR-II install in the same folders as LOR-I,or does it create new folders? It Should

Once I load LOR-II, Can I just import my existing channels from LOR-II? Yes

Now the biggy,when I open a sequence that was created with LOR-I, and I want to save the new sequence, does it over-write the old sequence? No. It will make a back-up of version I.

Any help would be great! I actually want to get a jump on making sure everything goes smooth with the transition to the latest software.

Answers are in BOLD.

Now the biggy,when I open a sequence that was created with LOR-I, and I want to save the new sequence, does it over-write the old sequence? No. It will make a back-up of version I.

When I save on LOR II, it says that the new file will only work on LOR II. Do I go into the files saved and see two files, one for LOR II and of the old version?

BamaFlum wrote:

When I save on LOR II, it says that the new file will only work on LOR II. Do I go into the files saved and see two files, one for LOR II and of the old version?

Let's say that you used LOR I to make a sequence called MySequence.lms. Both LOR I and LOR II will understand that sequence.

If you open it up in LOR II, change it in some way, and save it, LOR I will no longer understand MySequence.lms.

However, LOR II will have automatically created a backup file called MySequence.lms.v1.bak. This is an exact copy of the original LOR I file, before LOR II changed it in any way.

So if worse comes to worse, and you have to fall back to LOR I, you won't be able to use MySequence.lms, but you will be able to use MySequence.lms.v1.bak (you'll just have to rename it to end in ".lms" first).

bob wrote:

I should add that it's still always a good idea to back your stuff up yourself, just in case.

There are two kinds of computer users in this world.. there are those that have lost their data... and those that haven't lost it YET!!! :D