Light-O-Rama Forums

Hi from a newbie

wilky37

Just wanted to say hi, i am new to this forum and to this kind of home decoration, not many of us over here in the uk, so keen to get planning and started,hope this will be a place where i can come for the much needed help, so once again thanks in advance and Hi

Welcome and good luck. This is a fun hobby but it is a lot of work. This forum is a great place for answers if you have any questions.

• Like 1

Welcome to our madness...or obsession...or hobby! Suggest you start with a photo of your house, then draw strings on it and how you wish to control..type, color and etc.. This will dictate your hardware requirements. Over in the UK, you have the problem of getting strings that will work with the different voltage. There are other members here, who live there so I'm sure they will be your greatest asset. There are two LOR sales each year, spring and summer...hint, hint. Lovely country the UK, I lived there for a couple of years!

Welcome to the madness!  As was mentioned earlier -- remember to have fun!  You came to a great place -- this forum has answers for questions you haven't even thought of yet!