Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence plays in SE but not in player

chuckd

After upgrading the software this year (2.4.10 at this point), I have a few sequences that play just fine in the Sequence Editor, but fail to load automatically with the automatic show player.  Usually, I just re-save the sequence, and this seems to fix the problem.

I'm not getting any errors reported from the Verifier (that are 'real' problems anyway).

I'm also using a brand new machine running Windows 10 this year (last year was an old Vista machine from prehistoric times).

Anyone else see this problem?

Hi,

First, are you sure "2.4.10" is the version? That's... really old.  I'm not saying this to pick a nit, but because it's important for us to know exactly what version you're using.  Might it be "4.2.10"? In any case, please say exactly what it is.

Also, the LOR Control Panel's status window should give an error message whenever a sequence fails to play in a show. What exactly does the error message say, in full, word for word?

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry, it's version 4.2.10, got a little dyslexic there.

The message has been replaced by Chinese (I know that's a bug in 4.2.10, but haven't upgraded yet) so I can't tell you 'exactly' what the message said.  From memory, it's 'Error loading sequence......' big path name.  No additional codes or messages, just the word Error.  That may not be exact, so I'm not sure what else to say at this point.

The last time it happened was a specific sequence at 1:30 AM, so I won't know until later tonight.  If it happens, I'll write down verbatim what the message is.

The times that this happened before, the solution was to go into Sequence Editor, edit 'something' and undo it, and save the sequence.  Then it would work.  That doesn't 'always' work, sometimes I have to do it multiple times.

I'd recommend upgrading to 4.2.12.  It contains a fix for the Chinese issue, and also a fix for what may be the other issue you're seeing (if the "Error loading sequence" message says something about "invalid play state (3)").