Light-O-Rama Forums

Accuracy of Show Player?

EmmienLightFan

The point that I want to play at midnight is 29.3 seconds into the song.

If I start it at 11:59:30:700 will it work? Won't the show take a second or two to start?

Thanks very much.

EDIT 2: Sorry DEVMike, if I'd have seen your posts, just popped in from the link I get via e-mail, my reply might have been a bit more condensed.  Guess I need to start scrolling up and checking first.   But got to agree with you on the time settings, hence my responses below.

EDIT: Forgot to add this, in the Schedule Editor, you can only set Hour:Minute:Seconds, unlike the sequencer where you can be more refined with the time.  Other than that, the show player and schedule editor have been very accurate, at least for me!

If you tell it to load all sequences BEFORE the show and NOT "as they are needed", it works great.   It only takes that extra time at startup or shutdown, but if you have the times set correctly in the Schedule Editor, it seems to work perfectly well with no real delay.     It's how I load my sequences, all before the show starts and I have no gaps between songs during the show, seems to transition directly from one song into the next with perhaps less and a second of a gap, not even noticeable really.     But I also remove the beginning and end silent parts of my MP3 files to accomplish this in the most effective way.

Been doing it for 3 years now and I've had no problems with it.

Although do remember, not everyone timepiece may be on the same time your computer is on, seems watches and battery operated clocks that don't connect to a service like cell phones, are always anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes different in time.   Just know I can't keep all the batter operated clocks, even with the electric ones all perfectly in sync with each other, there is always one or two that either a minute or 2 fast or slow.   It's just inevitable that someone may not be on the same exact time your on, so even though perhaps most viewers would have the same time, might be one or two that don't.   Even had the same issue when I owned 2 vehicles, both never changed over at the same "exact" moment, one was always slower than the other, not by very much, but it's just the way clocks and most timepieces are.   Even my computer and cell phone never change over at the exact time point, and believe me, I've reset the computer to match the cell phone time after time, always seems the computer lags behind the cell phone, not hardly even a full second, but it's there.   It's something you just can not avoid.

Edited by Orville

• 1 year later...

Is there a way to start the show manually without using the clock?  i.e.  I want to push a button to start the show and if I choose push another button to advance to the next play file.  Similar to how I would launch cues on a lighting console.

3 hours ago, JohnnySOX said:

Is there a way to start the show manually without using the clock?  i.e.  I want to push a button to start the show and if I choose push another button to advance to the next play file.  Similar to how I would launch cues on a lighting console.

Yes.  In the Show Editor, look at options.  One of the options is to start the show on a trigger.  Hook up a switch to an input on a controller and use that to start the show.

The second part is a little different.  There is not directly a way advance to the next sequence.  However if you really want to be able to do that, you could set up a show that has no sequences in the Animation or Musical tabs, but has interactive groups that would use an input to trigger changes.  depending on what kind of interactive group you set up will differ how it wold work for you.  Read the manual for interactive groups.  Another option would be to use a 3rd party application called MIIP that won't skip to the next selection, but will allow you to select what the next song will be from your phone.  Search the forum for MIIP and you'll find it.

• The topic was locked