Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitter Static Noise Issue

dknahoolewa

I have a FS CZH-05B and for the past two years never had any problems until this year. I'm getting alot of static noise from car radio and can't figure out why.

things i have tried:

change volume out put on transmitter

changed location of transmitter

changed audio cord from transmitter to MP3 director

Does anyone have this issue and how did you solve it?

Any new radio stations in your area that may be transmitting on either side of the frequency you're using?    A commercial station can cause this issue if you're not using a frequency that's at least 1 frequency clear above and below the frequency you're using.   Especially if the station is very close to your location.  Only solution at that point is locate a frequency that is clear of any stations above and below it.   And sometimes in some areas that can be really difficult to find.

+1 to what Orville said. From what you describe, it doesn't sound like a gain structure problem in the audio chain, or issues from a power source. That being said, changing the location of your transmitter just a few feet could make the difference. Last year, I was uncomfortable with the distance my transmitter was reaching, so I lowered it about 12 inches (it's in the basement) and that got me down the to range I was looking for. I know you're trying to eliminate interferience, so double check to make sure you're in the clear.