Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I make less crude videos?

seriouslylosingit

Full disclosure, I have been using my cell phone to upload videos to YouTube. I know that there is a way to take a video and then add sound to it. (or maybe there is an easier way?)

I would like to figure out how to do this. I do have a video camera. I am just trying to eliminate the extra noise from being outside. With cars going by etc.

Thanks as always

R

When I'm ready to record, I'm going to ask my neighbors across the street if I can set up a tripod in their bedroom over the garage to shoot my house through their window, since that's the most advantageous spot since our house is up on a slight hill, making shooting from the street difficult when cars drive in front of the camera.  Then I'll set up a radio next to the camera set to the radio station I'm using.

Haven't asked them if I can do this yet - they are still on their extended Thanksgiving vacation...

Edited by Jaynee

I second Microsoft Movie Maker and recommend a tripod also.  Nothing more annoying than watching a video while the camera shakes as they're holding it.  I also record with the sound off then dub in the music.

I happen to use Nero but its very similar to the MS Movie Maker. Do record the outside sound, the replace that sound track with the original track. This way you'll be able to sync the audio to the video then delete the outside audio track.

Thanks everyone..I appreciate all of your suggestions... Now, if I hadn't run out of spt 1, I would be fully operational tonight...

I'm a little behind the rest of you all...:)

I would import the audio file you used in LOR (mp3) to your video as the camera audio is of poor quality. Corel VideoStudio Pro v8 works well.

Sony Vegas Pro. Very user friendly. Drop in your recorded video.

The program automatically separates  the video track from the audio track.

Drop in the matching MP3 sync it to the video. Delete the audio from the original recording it's usually crappy any way.

Save as any video format you want.

• Like 1

I too used my cell phone (iPhone 6 Plus) and found that the video quality was more than acceptable. I then used iMovie to put the audio in with the video I had already taken. Worked really well and didn't take too long. 

I know I am late to this. But I use Pinnacle studio and it does about the same things as the others.

Someone mentioned about putting a radio next the camera and then in the software you select to use, adding the original audio track overlay. Another option to get a great audio directly onto the video if the radio you use has an audio output is to get a cable and plug it into the audio input of the camera. I do not know of a cell phone that has an audio input, but about any other video camera does. Then you will not have to match and edit the audio track of the video. Just a thought.

Enjoy,

David

I use my iPhone 6S it takes 4K video and then use iMovie to edit and dub in the music. Works well for me. Here's one done using this method

I use my iPhone 6S it takes 4K video and then use iMovie to edit and dub in the music. Works well for me. Here's one done using this method

How did you mount the iPhone on a tripod?

How did you mount the iPhone on a tripod?

That was me just holding it, only one of my video was shaky for a second because the neighbors dog came right up to the fence and barked, made me jump lol