Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie needs HELP to schedule show

Bigfrog 59

I don't know if this is possible but I can't seem to figuire it out. Here's my problem, I want to run a show from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. but I would like to play 5 different songs on the hour with the lights to remain on in between.ie. 5:00 p.m. 5 songs play with the lights to remain on after, 6:00 5 different songs play lights remain on 7:00 p.m. etc.etc. I tried the simple show builder but every time I added a new show it cancelled the previous show in the show scheduler editor. I also tried the show editor but the only option I saw was to loop the sequences for the entire hour instead of leaving the lights on after playing the 5 songs. I could really use some help on this one please, if anyone has a suggestion it would be muchly appreciated.

Running show from a computer or director unit?   if a computer, don't use the SSB, use the Show Editor, it has more flexibility, then use the Schedule Editor to set your times

Example your 5 songs come on at 5pm {you NEED to know the "actual"end time of the 5 songs n each show for this to work properly}, so let's say it ends at 5:30pm, then you create a second show, just an animation sequence with the lights you want to stay on{Show 02}, so let's say show01 is 5:00pm-5:30pm, you'd load this file {Show01} into the Schedule Editor, then at the 5:30pm mark, you'd add in the animation sequence for all lights on to run until your next show is to run, "Show 03" would be the next in line to start at 6pm, BUT you do not need a Show 04 animation, if you're keeping all lights on in the previous show 02 file, you just load that in the Schedule Editor at the end time of "Show 03", even though it's named Show 02, it will actually be your 4th running show.   Now if you running the same 5 music sequences between each show, you would only need "Show 01" and "Show 02", just set their start and end times where you need them.

It's actually very easy using a computer, if using a director unit, it does get a little trickier to accomplish, especially if you're running more than 9 show files, the directors limitation{at least my older one had that limitation}, can't say about the newer G3-MP3 Directors since I have no first hand experience with that one, just what I've read on it, but seem to recall it still has the 9 show limit.   But most often you won't go that high on the show count, in my situation, the director won't work since I do tend to go over that 9 show limitation with how I have things set up.

Edited by Orville

Take a look here. The example shows every half hour, but go with every hour for your display.

Don, 

I want to run my show from the SD card in the mini director., the show is already set up and runs fine.  I want to set up the schedule, so that the show starts on the hour, 6-9 and remains static in between shows. If I make a schedule on the editor, is there a special folder I have to save it on the SD card to make it work? 

Let me know what I am doing wrong. 

thanks, 

Ramsey

Running show from a computer or director unit?   if a computer, don't use the SSB, use the Show Editor, it has more flexibility, then use the Schedule Editor to set your times

Example your 5 songs come on at 5pm {you NEED to know the "actual"end time of the 5 songs n each show for this to work properly}, so let's say it ends at 5:30pm, then you create a second show, just an animation sequence with the lights you want to stay on{Show 02}, so let's say show01 is 5:00pm-5:30pm, you'd load this file {Show01} into the Schedule Editor, then at the 5:30pm mark, you'd add in the animation sequence for all lights on to run until your next show is to run,

"Show 03" would be the next in line to start at 6pm, BUT you do not need a Show 04 animation, if you're keeping all lights on in the previous show 02 file, you just load that in the Schedule Editor at the end time of "Show 03", even though it's named Show 02, it will actually be your 4th running show. 

Now if you running the same 5 music sequences between each show, you would only need "Show 01" and "Show 02", just set their start and end times where you need them.

You need to read the link I posted. 

If he wanted to do 5 different shows a night, with animation filler, he'd only need to create 5 shows.

Don, 

I want to run my show from the SD card in the mini director., the show is already set up and runs fine.  I want to set up the schedule, so that the show starts on the hour, 6-9 and remains static in between shows. If I make a schedule on the editor, is there a special folder I have to save it on the SD card to make it work? 

Let me know what I am doing wrong. 

thanks, 

Ramsey

Hardware Utility -> MP3 Tab -> Set Schedule

Options at bottom ... Run hourly, select filler sequence.