Light-O-Rama Forums

Time is running backwards...

DocBrown86

I've just haven't had anything work right this weekend/week. Among other issues posted in other parts of this forum, Visualizer gave me this error tonight after clicking the "Simulate" button:

"Can not enter simulation mode: Time is running backwards.

The visualizer can not enter simulation mode since Windows is reporting that time is running backwards. This is usually caused by not having rebooted the computer in over 24 days.

(Reboot Instructions...)"

I assure you the computer has been properly rebooted numerous times, including after receiving this error message. Yet, it continues to torment me.

Windows 7, 64-bit

LOR 4.3.0

Go to 4.3.2.

That was a piece of debugging code that slipped into production.  Lots of talk about it just over a week ago here on the forum.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/38388-light-o-rama-version-432-released-as-an-open-beta/

Yes, that is a beta release, but the only change (as I understand it) was to fix that bug.

Go to 4.3.2.

That was a piece of debugging code that slipped into production.  Lots of talk about it just over a week ago here on the forum.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/38388-light-o-rama-version-432-released-as-an-open-beta/

Yes, that is a beta release, but the only change (as I understand it) was to fix that bug.

Thanks Jim. I searched for the topic before posting this and didn't have any results come back, I may have searched in the wrong place... I'll give 4.3.2 a shot!

• 2 years later...

Everything has been running great this season--until tonight!  I noticed from the window that some of my channels were not dimming correctly, then others, and it got worse and worse.  I turned it off and rebooted the computer.  Everything seems to be running correctly, EXCEPT the visualized gives me the error talked about above.  I have rebooted many times, but it will not go into simulation mode and I keep getting the clock running backwards error.  Anyone had this issue?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You probably need to do a complete shut down. If you are running Windows 10 there is a default setting somewhere that prevents windows from doing a complete shut down so you have faster start up time. I would suggest shutting down, unplugging and take out the battery for a few minutes then stat back up.

That has happened to me before too. But as suggested in other posts you'll need to to a "RESTART"  not a shutdown. The restart will clear out the settings or buggy things that are causing problems. The shutdown option saves those things for the next time you turn on the computer and hence you have the same problems. Good luck

Well, how about that?  I did a "restart" instead of a "shutdown" and all is working great now>  You guys are awesome.  Thanks so much!