Light-O-Rama Forums

First year using computer

aesl1982

I'm trying to do a 15 min all on sequence before show starts. I made the sequence as an animation sequence and in show editor I loaded it under animation sequences. Then all the musical sequences under musical section. Am I thinking right that the animation will run first for 15 mins then the musical will start?

No. Animation and Musical tab run at the same time.

Look at LORFaq.com, somewhere there I have show/schedule examples.

ok so I created two shows. A animation of all on to go from 543-559. Then main show from 6-10 then animation from 10-12 pm. Does that sound like it will work

ok so I created two shows. A animation of all on to go from 543-559. Then main show from 6-10 then animation from 10-12 pm. Does that sound like it will work

You're having your animation run from 10pm until NOON{12pm} the next day?   12pm is noon, 12am is midnight.    So many folks get these two mixed up all the time{even heard newscasters do it too!}.LOL

Just want to make sure you aren't running your lights during the day when they wouldn't be all that visible, and I don't think you'd want your lights on during daylight hours.

You're having your animation run from 10pm until NOON{12pm} the next day?   12pm is noon, 12am is midnight.    So many folks get these two mixed up all the time{even heard newscasters do it too!}.LOL

Just want to make sure you aren't running your lights during the day when they wouldn't be all that visible, and I don't think you'd want your lights on during daylight hours.

lol didn't notice that. But in schedule editor the block stops at midnight so idk. Everything ran good last night. Except the show editor promblems everyone else misbehaving it seem

lol didn't notice that. But in schedule editor the block stops at midnight so idk. Everything ran good last night. Except the show editor promblems everyone else misbehaving it seem

Even though the block stops at midnight, if you set the time after midnight, it goes into the next morning.   Sometimes that can get very confusing when you do things the way I do, I have something going on pretty much 24/7 during the Christmas season.    So I have some shows {non musical} that start at 11:30pm and go to 5am the next morning, so if you had set the time to 12pm, your show would have populated the block from 10pm until 12 noon the next day!    Just wanted to be sure you hadn't done that in the schedule editor, it's any easy mistake to make and thankfully just as easy to correct.. :)

You got it right - just make multiple shows.

I'm currently running three shows for Christmas, and then one more overnight for the overnight landscaping. The first runs from 4:00 PM until 5:00 PM and has only one sequence, and that sequence only has one channel - the one that turns on power to the amplifiers for the yard speakers. I have Zara Radio running on my FM transmitter during non-show hours, so the speakers have that for the last hour before showtime. At 5:00 PM I switch to the evening show until 9:00, and the the night show. The two shows are the same except the night show does not have the background sequence that turns the amplifiers on for the yard speakers. The shutdown sequence has different announcements too - the evening show shutdown announces that the speakers are being turned off and to listen on 101.5, whereas the night show shutdown announces that the show is concluding for the evening, and will return tomorrow at 5:00 PM.

Edited by k6ccc