Light-O-Rama Forums

Dancing Christmas Lights now in operation!

Orville

Display went off without a hitch Thanksgiving night.

Show runs approx. 57 1/2 minutes, 27 songs.

If you'd like to visit the display, it is located at:

8528 Arrow Head Circle

Orlando, FL  32825-5115

Show operates from 5:30pm-9:30pm Sunday - Thursday

5:30pm-10:30pm Friday and Saturday

5:30pm-12:00am{Midnight} Christmas Eve

Mapquest is the only map service that shows where my home is located correctly.

Most GPS units and other map services show it where it is not! LOL

We're in the Shadow Hills Manufactured Home Community {not gated}, just off Millinockett Lane, we're on the North side of Millinockett{left turn off Millinockett into community, if coming off North Chickasaw Trail}.just off East Colonial Drive{E. Hwy. 50}.

If you need further info or directions contact me via PM here and I'll send you my cell number.

Welcome to stop by anytime Randy. :)

Had some new kids in the neighborhood Saturday during the day, they were admiring the decorations and how the lights were strung, along with my baby sidewalk coro arches I got from Holiday Coro many moons back now. which are mounted to the side of the house and up near the roof line.  {4 arches/12 channels}.

Anyway asked them if they had seen it after dark when the lights dance to the music, no, they hadn't seen my display in action, one kid came back and watched it for quite some time, 2 others came by while he was watching, but didn't stay too long, then he left after watching for a little while longer, next thing I know I'm hearing a lot of kids giggling, laughing and singing to the song Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer when it was playing.      So went outside to see what was going on and now these new kids had rounded up just about every kid in the community and they were all out there dancing, singing and just having a grand time watching the light display, along with a few adults they talked into coming with them, probably some of the kids parents.    And the first night had a neighbor who had some co-workers over and they were just mesmerized by the display, talked to them for awhile explaining how it all works and what it takes to get a show off the ground, was a father and adult son, both said they'd never have the time or patience to even try it, but they sure loved what I had done and really enjoyed it.

And to think I almost didn't do Halloween or Christmas this year, but those two visits are what made it all worth the time, aggravation, skinned knees and conked head running the cords under the ramp to the controllers from the lights.

Had actually thought about not doing this any longer after this year, but the kids and adults that visited the display over the past few days have changed my mind on that now.    So I'll keep on doing it until I honestly just can't any longer.  Just hearing the laughter and joy it brought to all these folks was just so humbling.    And I know my sequencing isn't the greatest, and my display is really small compared to most of the others, but I do what I can with what I have.

Those two words sure answer a lot of questions.  :P

ROFLMAO.  I just knew that would get your attention George. B)

Dropped by tonight. Fun display. Like you said not the largest, but done with love.

Was that you in the silver-grey SUV?   

I was just cleaning up from making cigarettes for myself and a neighbor, if it was, I didn't give it much thought because I have two neighbors that drive SUV's that look like that and I

figured it was probably one of them, since they always drive by and stop on their way in/out with their kids in tow.    Darn, would have came down the ramp and said hello and introduced myself, but had such a mess I was finishing up with, wanted to get all that cleaned up.{Was hoping I'd have finished long before that, like before the display started }  So I'm sorry i missed you and didn't get the chance to meet you in person!  From where I was on the ramp and my vision being what it is, I can't tell who is driving or in the vehicles until I'm almost street side.

Now behind that long handicap ramp is a little garden railroad that I will bring out and run a Christmas Train on, although I don't bring it out every night, especially if it's rained or raining too close to show start time.   Just can't see that from the street unfortunately {or fortunately} depending on how you want to look at it.  I think the size of it is 20 feet long x 7-1/2 feet wide.    I just need to find a small FM radio i can install in the current "Christmas Music" sound car {plays 16 carols}, so I can have the train playing the same music in the display.   That is modify the radio for track electrical pickup through the sound car and wire the radio to the speaker in the car.  So far, haven't found one that has a powerful enough amp built in to use.  I need one of those small older hand-held 9v battery operated FM radios for that since the electronics{radio} has to be hidden where the current sound card is mounted in it.      But that would be so cool to have the train playing the actual show music too.

If I ever get to move back into a regular house, hoping to expand on the display and also spread it out.   Where I am it's kind of condensed, but folks around here really enjoy it.

Edited by Orville

I was in a red SUV. So that was probably me you saw. I wanted to let you know that the radio station you selected couldn't be tuned on my radio. Not sure about other cars but you might want to look for another frequency. My radio only goes to 87.9 FM.

I was in a red SUV. So that was probably me you saw. I wanted to let you know that the radio station you selected couldn't be tuned on my radio. Not sure about other cars but you might want to look for another frequency. My radio only goes to 87.9 FM.

Hmm, that's interesting.    I was using 99.7, but there's a new station broadcasting on that one.  Had been using that one for 4 years until this.   I thought all car radios could get 87.7 since that is was what analog channel 6 WDBO used to broadcast on all the time.  I'll have to check and see if I can find another freq if newer radios can't get 87.7, radio I bought when I had a vehicle could get it and my neighbor has it in his car, radio less than a year old, but it can't get 107.9 or 108.0.    Something weird going on with the radios in the US is all I can say.

But thanks for letting me know, just bumped it up to 87.9, now I just have to go out and change the 7 to a 9 on the sign!

Edited by Orville

• 2 weeks later...

Tune to sign and Frequency changed to 87.9 right after I had posted the above.

But wanted to toss this out, on Friday, December 18, 2015 is our "Holiday Lighting & Decorating Contest" in the community, so I won't be running my regular show that night, I'll have the show cut back from 27 songs to the 10 best sequences I have for the contest.     Hopefully I'll take it this year since what competition I had the last 4 years{semi static displays and animated{non musical/non-LOR}} light displays that could have and have won are no longer here or they opted not to decorate this year for some odd reason....

Anyway, just wanted to post this in case someone came by to see the display on that Friday the 18th of December, that it won't be the regular show until after the judges have come and gone, then I'll revert it to the regular show, but that probably won't happen until Saturday Dec. 14.

BTW: The prizes aren't all that great, but would be nice to win it just once, it's 1st prize: $100, 2nd prize: $75 and 3rd prize: $50, but it's not in cash, it's a credit off the base lot rent we pay.   Even so, every little bit helps!

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked